Description du poste:
Location - Cork Ireland
Start Date June 2022
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
At (COMPANY NAME), we're building new possibilities for our customers by accelerating digital business transformation. We're modernizing data centers for greater agility and productivity, integrating public clouds for faster time to market, empowering digital workspaces to improve mobile experiences, and transforming cyber security. You can be a part of this amazing transformation that will impact our customers and businesses around the world. How? By joining (COMPANY NAME) as a member of Technical Staff!
At (COMPANY NAME), we are targeting to enable digital equity to everyone and therefore building a multi-cloud, multi-access, and multi-core framework. We want you to be part of this experience and help us address our key technical challenges, like accelerating a control framework, facilitating intelligent decision-making, or enabling various optimization solutions - to name a few.
Working within the OCTO Distributed Edge team, you will be involved in research and co-innovation with industry and academia to unravel the complexities of the distributed grid. If you are passionate driving the future of technology, a self-starter who likes taking on new challenges and learning new technologies, and you curious to experiment in the pursuit of building something great within a team of scientist, researchers, engineers, architects, etc., then you are in the right place.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for as an intern?
Do you have a passion to continue learning, building relationships, and enhancing your knowledge while making an impact directly within a team? Do you desire business exposure, networking, and training for your future career as an engineer? If the answer is yes, you should consider joining us at (COMPANY NAME)!
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
As a Developer in OCTO Distributed Edge, you will:
* You will be responsible for designing and delivering priority features by working with the key stakeholders, including Architects, other team members, and across geographic locations.
* You will be expected to produce software design and corresponding code with the highest quality. You are an active contributor to a large volume of code, design wikis, code reviews. These designs and code must meet (COMPANY NAME) and industry quality standards.
* Our team firmly believes in "Dev Owns Quality", and we expect to release our products with near-zero defects and no regressions. You will deliver automated tests and documentation to support the implementations of new features and functionalities in the multiple clouds, multi-access networks, and multi-core networks and help solve any issues.
* We operate as one team across the globe, and as such, everyone owns every aspect of what we do, from developing new capabilities.
* You will also become familiar with the development and CICD processes in place. You will be able to independently take a code change from review, prefights, and postflight pipelines, across various cloud environments to production
* As a member of the OCTO Distributed Edge team, you will work with and contribute to its Kubernetes-based microservices architecture, and all your deliverables must align with the group's development and deployment standards.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments or requirements will you be performing on a regular basis?
Depending on your background, interest, and technical alignment to the various areas of Distribute Edge technology stack, you could be working on team projects.
As an advanced developer, you will:
* Work with the architects, engineering teams and with researchers and industry partners to implement the architecture of an Edge Control framework, to review and refine delivery requirements
* Work closely with other cross-functional leads and specialists across the OCTO teams, own end-to-end deliverables.
* Write technical design documents and hold reviews.
* Design and develop highly efficient code ensuring scalability, performance, security, and quality
* Develop and maintain software that delivers on the team's objectives.
* Drive and embody the "Dev Owns Quality" culture.
* Deploy microservices to Kubernetes using Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) systems
* Provide technical leadership to the feature team. Lead design and code reviews.
* Participate in all team agile ceremonies
* Communicate with internal OCTO Distributed Edge team, with researchers and industry partners and gather requirements and facilitate the adoption of your solutions
* Getting familiar with the multi-cloud environment and existing distributed domain controllers within (COMPANY NAME) platform
* Participating in academic paper publications and/or filing invention disclosures
* Working in a dynamic, fast-moving, and collaborative environment
What is leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
* We are a team of adaptive, self-starting and mission-driven individuals with a passion for doing our best work and bringing our best selves. We are committed to building and establishing a team culture that is rooted in collaboration, growth, and a sincere commitment to the well-being of our team and its members. We make sure to invest time to check in on one another, have fun and support each other through the high-paced growth of meeting our vision.
What skills are required?
* Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related quantitative fields
* experience in Python, Go, C++, or similar scripting and programming languages
* Architectural principles: naming, addressing, routing; congestion control, traffic
* Networking security
* Overlay networks and virtualization
* Wireless and mobility
* Switching and routing
* knowledge on Cloud Native platform architecture
* Kubernetes, Docker
* Cloud-Native Security
* Strong communication skills
* Eagerness to work in a collaborative environment
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
(COMPANY NAME) people share deeply held values that inspire us to build a diverse culture, make a positive impact on our customers, communities and the world around us, and support the policies that guide how we treat one another.
When it comes to the team you will be on, that comes after you start! During the first two weeks of employment, you will attend onboarding with other interns, learn about your new role, learn more about your project/work, the intern programs, and (COMPANY NAME) as a company. You will partner with your manager and mentor to better help guide you toward success.
Upon joining your team, you will be expected to participate in the following
* Team meetings
* Mentor/Manager 1:1s
* Coding reviews
* Team training
* Intern events
* Project goals review
* And more!
Where is this role located?
The role is based out of (COMPANY NAME)'s Cork Ireland office and is open to candidates in the surrounding area.
What are the benefits and perks of working at (COMPANY NAME)?
As an Intern, you will be supported with a comprehensive benefits package. You can view the complete intern benefits package by visiting wxx.xxxxxxxx.xxxxxx.xxx.
(COMPANY NAME) Company Overview: At (COMPANY NAME), we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://cxxxxxx.xxxxxx.xxx.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: (COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: (COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at (COMPANY NAME) are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. (COMPANY NAME) will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. (COMPANY NAME) encourages applicants of all ages. (COMPANY NAME) will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
(COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: (COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at (COMPANY NAME) are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. (COMPANY NAME) will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. (COMPANY NAME) encourages applicants of all ages. (COMPANY NAME) will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
|Origine:||Site web de l'entreprise|
|Publié:||21 Nov 2021|
|Type de poste:||Stage|
|Secteur:||TIC / Informatique|