Description du poste:
Organisation: European Union Special Representative for the Belgrade-Pristina Dialogue and other Western Balkan regional issues
Internship Location: Brussels, Belgium
Availability: For a period of 3-5 months starting in February 2022. The exact start date is flexible.
Deadline for applications: 6 December 2xxx, x7:00 Brussels time
Email address to send the Job Application Form and CV:
* Subject of your e-mail: Traineeship - EUSR DWB
Are you interested in EU affairs, the Western Balkans and the world of diplomacy and public policy? Do you want to learn more about the work of the EU Special Representative for the Belgrade-Pristina Dialogue and other Western Balkan regional issues?
A traineeship of 3 - 5 months within the office of the EU Special Representative for the Belgrade-Pristina Dialogue and other Western Balkan regional issues.
The EU Special Representative for the Belgrade-Pristina Dialogue and other Western Balkan regional issues is mandated to achieve comprehensive normalisation of the relations between Serbia and Kosovo, improve good neighbourly relations and reconciliation between partners in the Western Balkans, helping them overcome the legacy of the past, and contribute to the consistency and effectiveness of EU action in the Western Balkans. In addition, the office actively engages in enhancing the Union's effectiveness and visibility in the Western Balkans through public diplomacy, as well as in communicating and promoting Union values and the broader Union agenda for the region, as appropriate, contributing to a broader understanding of and support for issues related to the Union.
The trainee will be fully embedded in the work of the EUSR's office, receive direct exposure to its activities in the Western Balkans and in Brussels, and have the unique opportunity to understand the work of an EUSR from the inside.
* Provide active input to the EUSR's work.
* Assist the work of the team of political advisors as necessary
* Support monitoring, analysing and reporting; conducting research and drafting briefings;
* Take part in meetings and ensure timely and quality reporting. When needed draft notes/briefings/background information as requested.
* Contribute to and take part in the organization of meetings and events
* Assist in the organisation of missions of the EUSR and incoming visits.
* Contribute to outreach, communication, and public diplomacy activities.
* Contribute to administrative tasks as required.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
* Bachelor degree in international relations, political science, European studies, law, economics, communication or a related field and completed or ongoing master studies.
* Nationals of a Member State of the European Union.
* Excellent drafting skills in English.
* Ability to handle politically sensitive issues in a responsible manner.
* Proven interest for EU affairs and neighbourhood policies.
* Experience in research and analysis.
* Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages.
* Good networking, interpersonal skills and attention to details.
* Experience in working in a team and in coordinating inputs from various colleagues
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address Exxxemail@example.com and send the following documents:
* A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
* a cover letter describing why you want to participate in the traineeship and indicating your availability
* an application form
Important information to read before applying
Applicants who have already benefited or currently benefit from any kind of training or employment within a European Union institution, body, agency or office are not eligible. Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered.
The trainee will receive a monthly grant of 829,20 EUR according Belgium employment regulation.
All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by the trainee.
The trainee will be responsible for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the traineeship and must show proof of a valid medical insurance coverage, including that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, their candidacy will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment. Traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.
|Origine:||Site web de l'entreprise|
|Publié:||23 Nov 2021|
|Type de poste:||Stage|
|Secteur:||Gouvernement / ONG|