Description du poste:
Internship - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
Length: 6 months
Time: 40 hours/week
Expected Start Date: March 2020
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Assist in advising Philips' businesses on their acquisition and divestiture programs, thereby advancing Philips' transformation journey as a global leader in Health Technology. The position provides a unique opportunity to experience M&A from a corporate value perspective within a very experienced M&A team, with a global scope.
You are responsible for
* Assisting the M&A deal execution process from start to finish, including valuation and financial analyses (DCF and multiples), assisting/ managing due diligence processes, project management, drafting of process materials
* Preparing presentations for the Executive Board, with and alongside people from Philips' Business Groups and Markets
* Performing company research and industry benchmarking using various databases (e.g. Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters)
You are a part of
The global deal team of Philips M&A in Amsterdam, working for the entire execution process of different types of deals (buy-side and sell-side, joint ventures, large, midsize and smaller deals).
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* An excellent academic track record in Economics, Finance, or Econometrics.
* Current enrollment in a MSc program or last year of a bachelor program. You must be enrolled in a university during the internship period.
* A genuine interest in corporate finance, valuation and financial markets
* Highly analytical mindset and a strong professional drive
* Strong and open-minded team player
* Modelling experience in Excel and neat PowerPoint skills
* Fluency in written/spoken English (Dutch is not required)
* Relevant financial internship experience is preferred
In return, we offer you
On top of a competitive internship compensation, Philips M&A provides you a unique opportunity to experience M&A from a strategic, broad and diverse corporate perspective.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Philips is on a very exciting transformation journey to become an even more focused Health Technology leader. M&A is a crucial part of this journey and you can be a part of that!. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Don't forget to upload your CV in your application. Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university. Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)