Description du poste:
Org. Setting and Reporting
The internship is located UN Library & Archives Geneva, (COMPANY NAME) Office at Geneva (UNOG). Interns will start the internship programme in mid-January 2022 and in July 2022.
The internship is for a minimum duration of three (3) months and can be extended up to six (6) months depending on the needs of the Service.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five (5) days per week (40 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the Section.
The internship offers an opportunity to experience events management within the UN context, and to participate in the day-to-day tasks related to the realization of events. These events are a mix of online and in-person.
These tasks include:
- Assisting coordinators and Library staff in organizing events such as talks, exhibitions, concerts, film festivals, etc.
- Creation of invitations and posters using InDesign (software).
- Contribution to the lay-out and design of promotional materials.
- Client services, particularly external relations with cultural and educational institutions, Member States).
- Marketing and promotion of events.
- Logistics (security, registration, room set-up, securing services for the event, maintenance, catering, book sale, etc.).
- Assisting in research activities.
- Creation of digital marketing products such as video and multimedia (e.g. updating web content; designing promotional materials on the web and on social media tools (Facebook, Twitter; updating a database; collecting and analysing relevant statistics, supporting new outreach initiatives to target communities).
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others.
- Places team agenda before personal agenda.
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated tasks.
- Keeps abreast of available technology
- Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office
- Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks
- Shows willingness to learn new technology
To qualify for an internship with the (COMPANY NAME), applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor's level or equivalent).
Interested candidates must be pursuing or pursued their degree in areas related to this Job Opening (such as International Relations or International Studies, Media and Communications, Event Management, Journalism, etc.).
In addition, interested candidates must:
- Be computer literate in standard software applications including MS Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Creative Suite);
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the (COMPANY NAME) and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and,
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
No working experience is required to apply for the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the (COMPANY NAME) during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat.
For this internship, fluency in French or English and knowledge of the other is required.
Potential candidates may be contacted by the hiring team directly if further information is needed during the review of their application.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates who have been short-listed will be contacted
|Origine:||Site web de l'entreprise|
|Publié:||13 Oct 2021|
|Type de poste:||Stage|
|Secteur:||Gouvernement / ONG|
|Durée d'emploi:||3 mois|