Description du poste:
The position is located in Design and Multimedia Unit of the Production and Support Service, Division of Conference Management, (COMPANY NAME) Office at Geneva.
This internship is proposed to start as soon as possible for a period of three months, with a possibility of extension for a maximum period of six months, depending on the needs of the department.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week under the supervision of a staff member in the Design and Multimedia Unit.
Do you want to serve a bigger cause? Are you someone who thrives on diversity and working together with people from all over the world? The Design and Multimedia Unit of the (COMPANY NAME) in Geneva is currently looking for a Graphic Designer who is interested in an internship in a very dynamic and international office
The Graphic Design intern will assist with the following duties:
- Develops branding material and graphics used in print, digital and videos platforms, such as flyers, posters, digital signage and motion graphics
- Photography for print and electronic products
- Provides editorial/design inputs to enhance the (COMPANY NAME) Geneva websites
- Creates graphically engaging presentations and materials.
- Edits images and videos for communications activities.
- Participates in organizing and setting up for special events organized and/or supported by the Design and Multimedia Unit as necessary.
- Takes on other special projects as assigned.
On completion of the internship, the successful candidate will have gained:
- An excellent understanding of the UN Secretariat, its role and mission;
- Valuable experience in graphic design in a global, multicultural environment;
- Design and writing skills for public information and communications in an international context;
- Extensive exposure to managers and staff members of the UN Secretariat and the UN System.
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; * asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; *Solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; Places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks "outside the box"; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
To qualify for an internship with the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within one year of graduation.
Applicants who are unable to commence the internship within one year of graduation shall not be accepted.
Applicants pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages must have completed at least four years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the (COMPANY NAME) and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Applicants to the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme are not required to have professional work experience. However, a field of study that is closely related to the type of internship you are applying for is required.
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing.
- Graduation Date (When will you be/have graduating/graduated from the programme?).- IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- Top three areas of interest.
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
- Explain your interest in the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme.
In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS