Description du poste:
Intern with us. We are looking for a talented and motivated engineer to join our engineering team as an Intern working on calibration in the Spring of 2020 for a 6-month internship or part-time student job next to your studies. Our Zurich core engineering team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future drone products.You will work alongside the brightest engineers in creating a product grade calibration framework for aerial vehicles. You will design, develop and test an algorithm and software framework that handles calibration of drones and drone components automatically
In a nutshell, you will:
* Work with flight control engineers to understand requirements for a software driven calibration framework. You will also work with Software Engineers to define interfaces for the calibration framework (e.g. to UI).
* Define calibration procedure and mechanical tools to perform calibration of IMUs, magnetic sensors and other sensors on a drone.
* Specify test criterias to indicate the quality of the resulting calibration parameters. Furthermore, you will design and validate through simulation the algorithms and software framework
* You'll Work hand-in-hand with flight control engineers to improve the calibration logic on the embedded device (drone)
Validate the framework on real hardware
* Documenting is key. You will write open-source documentation for the calibration framework
We would love to hear from you if:
* You finished your BSc and are pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Robotics with robust C/C++ skills or a related technical field with a minimum average of > 5.25. Including relevant university courses in estimation and control with strong understanding of linear algebra and underlying math.
* You work independently, are reliable and have good know-how in Python, robotics (in particular sensors used on drones), state estimation and software engineering and experience with C/C++
* Advantageous: Experience with PX4, MAVSDK and flight control software/hardware is a plus
What you will find at (COMPANY NAME):
We're a Silicon Valley style startup (we know, we were part of one) in the heart of Switzerland, but with a truly global reach. We have all the perks you would expect from a great startup: an amazing industry (Robotics and Drones...need we say more), incredible office space, a smart multidisciplinary team, a flexible workplace, plenty of food in the kitchen, and a pure mission that binds us all together. There's also plenty of opportunities to fly all possible drones in the field just 2 minutes from our office :)
How to apply: When applying, please provide us with the following documents:
* Updated version of your CV & Cover letter.
* Summary and average of your previous grades (Bachelor Degree).
* Grade summary and average of completed master subjects (current Master
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is a mandatory part of their degree, as part of the application documents