Descrizione del lavoro:
Our Dayton, NJ laboratory is looking for a Sample Login Technician to join their team. The Sample Login Technician's primary responsibility is to enter sample IDs and required tests from the chains of custody (COCs) into LIMS in a complete and accurate manner. The Sample Login Technician will receive and document samples and chains of custody (COCs) to check integrity of all aspects of the sample receipt. This position reports to the Sample Management Manager.
The Sample Login Technician:
* Receives sample coolers and containers and documents the receipt.
* Some sample containers of various sizes (250ml, 500ml, 1000ml, etc.) will be required to be opened and checked for adequate preservation. Note: Preservation check is for aqueous samples only. No solvents, liquids, or malodorous samples are tested in this fashion.
* Creates bottle records, generates bottle labels, and labels samples.
* Transfers samples to and from cold or ambient storage areas.
* Maintains all required documentation with accuracy and clarity.
* Removes historical samples from completed jobs and assigns samples for disposal.
* Provides communications regarding sample information to laboratory departments.
* Communicates with clients regarding requests.
* Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
* May be required to answer telephone inquiries or requests for bottleware, volumes, and courier pickups.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Diplomas is required
* Associate's/Bachelor's degree in a science field is highly preferred
* Laboratory experience is highly preferred
* Strong knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, Adobe as well as navigating software
* Position requires applicant to have a flexible schedule as overtime or weekend work might are required
* Ability to execute detailed written or oral instructions.
* Ability to work on a team.
* Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to follow directions ensuring the end results are accurate and completed with the required timeframe.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to handle physical tasks, which require walking, carrying equipment, etc.
(COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 2xx-xxx-xxx9 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
Videos To Watch