Descrizione del lavoro:
About (COMPANY NAME)
(COMPANY NAME) scales Python to the cloud for data professionals. Based on Dask, the leading Python-native solution for distributed computing, (COMPANY NAME) has hosted more than 100M tasks for data professionals, scientists, and researchers around the globe including Capital One, Anthem Health, and the Air Force to solve challenges in business, research, and science. (COMPANY NAME) is a remote-first company with the best and brightest working from around the globe. Founded by the initial author of Dask, (COMPANY NAME) is on a mission to create a platform that gives Data Scientists the power of the cloud and machine learning, freeing them from today's limitations so they can solve important problems.
We're looking for a Team Lead for our Cloud team. In this role, you will manage "own" a few product features from conception to delivery, including helping with scoping and reporting on status. You will also manage two to four software engineers within the larger team, and help with their growth. We expect this role to be a player / coach: you'll spend up to half of your time on development and code review, but the majority on growing your team and managing feature development and delivery.
Ideally you will have:
* Comfort programming in Python and reviewing Python code
* Familiarity with software engineering best practices - unit tests, code review, production monitoring, etc.
* Enthusiasm for managing people and helping to hire and grow a team.
* Collaborative spirit and commitment to communicating well with colleagues in a remote environment as well as in-person.
* A preference for writing mature and maintainable software in Python.
* Tolerance for writing immature, hacky, one-off software in Python, and helping team members judge when it's appropriate.
* We can teach you everything else (or learn about it together)!
* Nice to have: Experience managing developers within a fast-moving software-as-a-service team.
* Nice to have: Experience with one of the major clouds (AWS, GCP, or Azure) and its programmatic APIs.
* Nice to have: Exposure to the Python data-science stack - Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn - and / or enterprise analytics tools like Spark, Flink, etc.
* Nice to have: Expertise in infrastructure-as-code tooling (such as Terraform or Pulumi)
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don't meet all of the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you
|Pubblicato il:||01 Ago 2021|