Descrizione del lavoro:
(COMPANY NAME) is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees - including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
(COMPANY NAME) is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, (COMPANY NAME) has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
* To advise the Bank on risk appetite definition
* To contribute as an objective "second pair of eyes" that risks taken on by the Bank align with its policies
* To report and alert Bank Management of the status of risks to which the Bank is exposed
* To contribute to the development and growth of the risk culture within the Group.
One of (COMPANY NAME)' great strengths is its expertise in managing risk
* Rigorous risk control is a part of the Group's responsibility, both to clients and to the financial system as a whole
* Accompany the Group's development with a business-minded spirit
* Provide fast, complete and reliable information on our risk profile
* Offer high quality risk management expertise to the Group's stakeholders
* Foster risk anticipation and position RISK as a prospective watchtower
* Prepare the Group for high and higher regulatory expectations
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
RISK Global Markets is responsible for providing full transparency and dynamic analysis of the market, counterparty, valuation and liquidity risks managed by CIB Global Markets.
Specifically, this role will be within the transformation team responsible for the rationalisation, harmonisation and industrialisation of processes and methodologies. Projects have a strong focus on the use of new technologies in order to build tools to improve the risk management of the bank. Past projects have focused on app development, visualisations, BOT development, API building, etc. In addition, projects will focus on making better use of the vast amount of data available.
The team is based in London and Lisbon but covering all processes of RISK Global Markets teams around the world. Projects cover a broad range of subjects including: valuation adjustments; independent price verification (IPV); market and counterparty risk monitoring; collateral risk management; limit monitoring and calibration, stress testing.
The role requires close coordination and collaboration with other RISK Global Markets teams globally. There will be regular interaction with the market and counterparty risk teams as well as other teams such as the risk IT department, Front Office, etc.
* Analyse, re-engineer process methodologies and implement in Python or R in order to improve harmonisation, gain efficiency and reduce operational risk.
* Drive harmonisation, best practices and adoption of up-to-date technologies across RISK GM
* Improve risk insight by making better use of data and improved visualisations.
* Act as a centre of expertise within RISK GM for coding and technology topics.
* Provide tools and knowledge to the RISK GM coding community.
* Follow developments in technology outside of RISK GM.
* Manage and coordinate prioritisation of projects with management.
Education: Graduate in relevant subject (e.g. Computer/Data Science, Mathematics, Sciences, Finance
Experience: 2-6 years' experience
* Strong quantitative skills and excellent problem solving skills.
* Affinity with financial derivatives and risk management.
* Relevant expertise in computing/data science techniques and technologies.
* The candidate must be very comfortable in at least Python or R.
* The candidate must be structured, both in terms of thinking as well as in terms of coding.
* Knowledge of machine learning techniques.
* Ability to work autonomously and taking initiative.
* Good communication skills
* Fluent English
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
Primary Location: PT-11-LisbonJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: RISKSEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)Experience Level: At least 2 yearsSchedule: Full-time Reference