Descrizione del lavoro:
Alongside world-class legal careers, (COMPANY NAME) offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in our Business Professionals Group, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business professionals are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
Our central Risk, Legal and Clearance teams provide advice on a range of regulatory and compliance issues. Their expertise spans a variety of areas including internal audit, data protection, conflicts and clearance and AML. The teams lead our thinking on risk management and legal and regulatory compliance. They are central to ensuring that the firm and our people maintain the highest standards of legal and regulatory compliance, progressing and protecting the crucial interests and reputation of the firm.
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring the firm is structured in the most appropriate manner, having regard to local regulations, tax considerations and risk management factors (such as liability firewalls and the availability of limited liability structures). This role will work closely with the Director of Partnership Services on tax factors and will also manage the corporate structure of the firm, organising necessary board or other meetings and making appropriate filings.
This role is ideally looking for someone to work part-time (3 days).
Primary responsibilities will include:
* Drafting intragroup contracts including constitutional documents, agreements that license the (COMPANY NAME) name, loan agreements and services agreements.
* Advising on reorganisations and other projects in collaboration with Partnership Services including: reorganisation of UK and overseas entities; conversion to LLP structures.
* Overseeing powers of attorney.
* Supervising the Partnership Operations Manager on the following:
- admission of lateral hires including draft offer letters; - admission of partners into appropriate CC entities;
- SRA registration of new partners;
- providing data / information to Partnership Services.
* Maintaining partnership registers:
(i) partners' register (including unit-holdings),
(ii) registers of office- holders; and
(iii) CC LLP partnership agreement and previous versions of it, including resolutions.
* Keeping the firm's partnership agreements up to date, and organise amendments as necessary.
* Liaising with outside advisors and internal stakeholders to ensure the protection of (COMPANY NAME) name, including trade mark filings and domain names.
* Monitoring and identifying the law affecting the firm's structure, e.g. working with the Law Society, HM Government and colleagues in Europe to argue for the best outcome from Brexit; and lobbying HMG and, via colleagues, governments for law that limits lawyers liability.
* Reporting to the General Counsel as Secretary to (COMPANY NAME) LLP's English-incorporated and some other subsidiaries to develop the forward agenda and organise the regular board/partners' meetings for CCLL, CCWW, Newcastle, Tokyo and CC Europe LLP.
* Minuting meetings and distribution as required.
* Organising and minuting other adhoc board/partners' meetings of other English-incorporated subsidiaries e.g. re approval of accounts.
* Liaising with external stakeholders and Partnership Counsel members / the board on behalf of the Executive Partner & General Counsel.
* Liaising with the Chief Financial Officer and other senior leaders on finance and risk management where relevant.
* Managing the Partnership votes, (supported by the Partnership Operations Manager and Senior Partner) including drafting resolutions; emails to partners; and acting as proxy.
* Junior to mid-level qualified lawyer.
* Strong academic history.
* Corporate law experience gained at a leading City firm or at an overseas common law practice with a similar highly regarded profile.
* Company secretarial experience would be advantageous. Alternatively must be able to demonstrate translatable experience to apply to this aspect of the role, e.g. running the agenda of meetings.
* This role may also suit a lawyer with a background in or experience gained in-house.
* Ability to communicate persuasively and clearly with all members of the Firm, both orally and in writing.
* A high level of discretion when working with highly confidential and commercially sensitive information.
* Ability to draft clearly.
* Attention to detail.
* Proven ability to solve problems in a methodical and practical way.
* The ability to plan and organise effectively in order to meet business priorities.
* Ability to extract relevant facts and grasp legal issues quickly.
* Is responsive and accessible: seeks to deliver quality, efficiency and timeliness.
* Demonstrates an ability to begin to use business analysis to shape legal structures and solutions.
* Can develop constructive working relationships with all colleagues, internal and external.
* Good IT skills.
To find out more:
Interested? To find out more about what it is like to work at (COMPANY NAME) in London please visit our careers site
At (COMPANY NAME) we understand that our true asset is our people. We believe that each and every one of us should experience an equality of opportunity and an equality of experience here. We are always working to develop and deliver the best and most innovative approaches to make that happen. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are therefore committed to treating all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
We have a number of initiatives and networks that support our aspiration to be the Global Law Firm of choice. These include our LGBT, Gender Parity, Ethnicity and Disability networks.
Recruiter - Annabel Corcoran