Descrizione del lavoro:
Our IT vision is to be one global IT team delivering world class expertise, innovation and agile technology solutions, whilst ensuring the stability and security of all our IT platforms and services. Our industry is evolving fast and our clients have new demands. Emerging technologies and applications are creating new opportunities for transforming client relationships. As an IT function, we embrace and respond to these challenges, collaborating more and more with lawyers and Business Professionals teams to improve the way we deliver to clients.
Alongside world-class legal careers, (COMPANY NAME) offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in business services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business service are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
Reporting to the Regional Technology Manager, the purpose of this role is to ensure we deliver a high quality of service to our internal users.
Given the operational nature of this role makes the successful candidate a key player in ensuring the services provided to our colleagues is of the highest quality possible. Working with other senior members of the IT team the successful candidate will help both determine the methods in which we want to support our colleagues and ensure our teams deliver.
The Technology Services Manager will be a self-starter and proven manager with a strong operational background, who also has a strong eye for recognising and resolving areas for improvement. Ultimately this person will have a passion for customer service which will set the standard for others to follow.
Key areas of accountability include overseeing the Technology Services Operation encompassing Technical Desktop Support and Audio-Visual Services, Asset Management, Procurement and BAU/GPG Projects, with Budgetary and Key Vendor Management responsibility.
On a day to day basis this role will provide oversight to the different functions, providing a point of escalation both in core business hours and out of hours.
* Senior point of escalation for operational or P1/P2 incident issues within the Technology Services and Audio-Visual teams for the London and Newcastle region.
* Accountable for both reactive or proactive communication for system issues or BAU/GPG projects.
* Prioritise, plan and deliver projects, managing stakeholders through the entire lifecycle.
* Accountable for Vendor Management engagement and where applicable, service reviews.
* Responsible for managing and tracking annual budget allocation for cost centers with the Finance Department to review annual and quarterly forecasts, budget plan submissions and unbudgeted cost impacts.
* Accountable for Assets tracking and Procurement for the London and Newcastle region.
* Establish, build and maintain key, trustworthy relationships with key stakeholders within IT and the Business.
* Actively engage with peers in the Global IT network and encourage collaborative working to address issues and standardise solutions.
* Ensure that all aspects of existing or planned IT services required are planned for, facilitated and managed at optimum availability and reliability.
* Assessing, selecting and developing talent who demonstrate the organisations leadership competencies to ensure a diverse and competent organisation.
* Provide strong leadership to onboard, develop and retain team members.
* Demonstrate strong and fair leadership by example. To encourage collaborate working in a structured manner where results are delivered.
* Accountable for ensuring performance and results of team(s), develops and implements operating procedures to measure team efficiency and effectiveness.
* Through the usage of data and metrics, deliver continual service improvements to ensure the most efficient operation is always running.
* Responsible for quality checking and auditing of work carried out by Technology Services staff.
* Ensure that problems, questions and requests are escalated as needed, to the Regional Technology Manager , offering solutions or ideas for resolution.
* Exceptional team management and leadership skills, with a proven ability to develop and lead large operations teams in a client service-focused environment.
* Highly effective communications and exceptional customer service skills; ability to communicate clearly, credibly and diplomatically with all levels in an organisation and build effective internal and external client relationships is critical.
* Talent for creating client satisfaction; demonstrated ability to focus on the client value in all work.
* High comfort level with sometimes stressful client requirements. Ability to listen effectively and maintain professionalism under pressure.
* Strong relationship skills and an understanding of different ways achieving outcomes, with business and IT teams, using both business and IT terminology.
* Strong problem solving and entrepreneurial skills to drive solutions to completion.
* Proven Budget and Vendor Management skills.
Skills and Experience
* Able to act as a bridge between both technical and non-technical teams.
* Thorough, problem solving mind with strong analytical skills around process and procedures and how to apply.
* Experience managing complex operational IT issues.
* An understanding and experience of interacting with ITIL processes such as Change and Problem Management.
Degree level educated with a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
To find out more:
Interested? To find out more about what it is like to work at (COMPANY NAME) in London please visit our careers site
At (COMPANY NAME) we understand that our true asset is our people. We believe that each and every one of us should experience an equality of opportunity and an equality of experience here. We are always working to develop and deliver the best and most innovative approaches to make that happen. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are therefore committed to treating all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
We have a number of initiatives and networks that support our aspiration to be the Global Law Firm of choice. These include our LGBT, Gender Parity, Ethnicity and Disability networks.
#LI-WRAP #LI-POST #IND