Descrizione del lavoro:
Manager, Digital Communications
Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers' performance and children's learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model - which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies - is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family's income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child's experience of learning as its guiding principle.
The Strategy Group at Bridge is responsible for our overall direction in education service, designing our verbal and visual brand, communicating our work internally and externally, providing insight into the ecosystems within which we work, measuring the impact of our programs, engaging our government partners in programming, ensuring regulatory compliance, and expanding the reach of our services into new geographies. Creative, Communication, Insights, Policy & Partnerships, and New Opportunities are all departments within the Strategy Group. Collaboration between and coordination of each of these department's functions is critical to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country.
The Communication team at Bridge is housed with the Strategy group and collaborates across departments to ensure that Bridge is telling its story both locally and globally in the most compelling way. Communication is responsible for a wide range of activities including digital communications, external relations, advocacy, reputation management and media. We are focused on ensuring that the work that Bridge is doing to improving learning outcomes for hundreds of thousands of children reaches a wide audience.
We support a wide array of initiatives simultaneously and need to be able to respond quickly and effectively to help shape the external environment in which we operate. We spot opportunities as well as create them and always make sure that those in the communities we serve and the Governments we support get their voices heard.
About the Role
As Digital Communications Manager, you will oversee the development and implementation of Bridge's digital communications content and strategy; this includes both website and social media platforms. You will help support digital communications in all the territories in which Bridge supports or runs schools. You will report to the Regional Director of Communications.
Our ideal candidate will have worked in communications in Africa or Asia and will have a strong understanding of digital communications channels and the ability to design content that is both powerful and compelling. They will be an extremely effective written communicator, a strategic planner, creative, and optimally have design and programming skills.
They will have worked in a fast paced organisation in an international context with colleagues within Africa and / or Asia. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and determination is a must.
What You Will Do
* Lead on digital communications design and implementation.
* Develop SEO strategy
* Work as part of the communications team to develop and deliver digital content across all channels.
* Hone your skills as a compelling story teller
* Take primary responsibility for the Bridge website.
* Develop a content calendar for all electronic delivery channels including websites (internal and external), social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.);
* Build online partnerships that amplify the work.
* Conduct digital influencer mapping audit.
* Support in the development and creation of campaigns
* Support in the design and delivery of brochures, annual reports
* Develop a digital and social content strategy
What You Should Have
* A 2:1 bachelor's degree, or better.
* Extensive experience of digital communications within a campaigning, political or social impact organisation;
* Detailed knowledge of social media channels landscape and emerging trends.
* A clear understanding of how to grow digital channels based upon audience segmentation
* Experience of digital content editing
* Experience of developing and producing multimedia content.
* Experience of leading and working on digital communications in developing countries;
* A background of working in matrixed organisations with internationally based and remote working colleagues from Africa or India.
* Ideally experience of working in Africa or India.
* Ability to work independently and across functions
* Demonstrable experience of multi-tasking and working in a fast paced environment
* Experience of Project managing website builds.
* Familiarity and experience with Premier Pro, Adobe and Word Press.
* A robust, confident, can do attitude.
* Fluency in a second language from a country in which we work such as Yoruba, Swahili, Igbo, Hausa, Hindu or Urdu is desirable.
● A detailed doer - You have a track record of getting things done. You're organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
● A creative problem-solver - Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
● A relentless advocate - The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent's hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
● A malleable learner - You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you've missed things or failed today.
● A data-driven decision-maker - When making decisions, you don't rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
● A curious investigator - You ask why a lot. You don't just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions - and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.