Descrizione del lavoro:
We have an ambitious global strategy which puts clients at the very heart of everything the Firm does. We have a clear mandate around developing our existing strengths and relationships whilst increasing our market share in new markets. Our Client & Market Development function ("C&MD") is pivotal in making the Firm's vision a reality. C&MD teams work strategically with our Global Business Units - all with the same vision "to be the global law firm of choice for the world's leading businesses of today and tomorrow.
The Financial Investors Client & Marketing Development (C&MD) team, consists of nine C&MD professionals, sits within the Business Professionals Function. The team is part of an integrated, collaborative, global C&MD team.
The London Private Funds Group (PFG)
PFG is a market-leading practice, advises clients on the structuring and establishment of private equity, real estate, infrastructure, debt and emerging markets funds.
PFG focuses on closed ended fundraisings and advises managers on fund structuring, commercial terms, investor negotiations and executive incentive arrangements. The group also advises on secondary transactions and on spinouts and M&A in relation to private fund management businesses. We also advise on alternatives to traditional fund structures, including managed accounts and co-investment structures, and we have worked on several fund restructurings. The group also undertakes some Limited Partner (LP) advisory work (this work comprises approximately 15% of the practice, so we are predominantly a General Partner (GP) advisory practice). PFG lawyers work in conjunction with private funds focussed partners and associates in our London regulatory and tax practices.
The London Private Funds Group ("PFG") consists of four partners and 28 associates; and includes a Head of Strategy who works closely with the Partners, the PSL and PFG C&MD manager to ensure delivery of the Group's business plan.
Global Funds & Investment Management Group ("G-FIM")
PFG is also key to the (COMPANY NAME)'s Global Funds & Investment Management Group ("G-FIM") and works closely with our very strong fund formation practices in Germany, Luxembourg, Paris, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Singapore, Beijing and New York.
Primary Aims of the Role
As a member of the Financial Investors C&MD team, the key priorities of this role are to:
* Provide focussed business development and marketing support to the London PFG partners and associates to further develop the London PFG practice in line with PFG's business plan (complimenting the role played by PFG's Head of Strategy).
* Identify opportunities that align with the London PFG business plan and take ownership for driving the business development.
* Work closely with the various Business Development leads for Private Equity (London, Emerging Markets and Global) and the dedicated Client Development Managers for the Firm's GSC Financial Investor clients to identify synergies and client development opportunities that PFG can pursue.
* Work closely with PFG's Head of Strategy in London and the BD lead for G-FIM in New York to support and drive the BD and Marketing activities G-FIM - which feeds into a key part of the wider firm strategy regarding financial investors.
* Provide specific support to developing our Secondaries Transactions capability, supporting several key Partners with this cross-practice initiative - an area where we expect real growth of work, and which helps hedge our fund formation and transactional practices in a downturn.
* Work with PFG lawyers and the Head of Strategy on a wide range of day-to-day business development activities, including research in relation to prospective clients and sector/market opportunities; client development plans; creation and delivery of pitch documentation and capability statements; marketing and reputation-building activities; and general support to partners on winning new business and developing existing clients.
* Provide client development management support for at least four key clients/targets of both London PFG and Private Equity (outside the Global Strategic Client Programme).
* Ensuring the Group has identified a set of priority clients and targets and it is clear who is responsible for each.
* Drafting the group's BD and Marketing plan, monitoring and refining this plan and ensuring that actions are progressed.
* Annual budgeting for big-ticket marketing and BD spend items.
Marketing and reputation-building
* Identifying, arranging and maximising sponsorships and conference opportunities.
* Managing and organising large-scale group-led seminars (with support of the secretaries and central events team).
* Ensuring PR and social media channels are fully leveraged to support campaigns, marketing activities and work done.
* Assessing impact and value of marketing campaigns and events
* Writing and managing the groups' annual directory/award submissions ensuring the quality is optimal to enhance/maintain our ranking.
Pitching and marketing materials
* End-to-end support of RFP opportunities - challenging 'go-no go'; producing high quality first drafts (with associates) and seeing them through to submission with Partners; and rehearsing pitch team for beauty parades
* Creating, updating and refreshing PFG marketing materials and capability statements - building positioning statements for the key areas of expertise
* Ensuring that the master PFG track record document is kept up to date and reflects the most recently refined pitch content
Proactive business development support
* Identifying potential BD/client opportunities (e.g. market mapping the private fundraising space to help identify potential fundraisings, track moves of fun managers, etc) through continuous client and industry research and information-sharing with BD colleagues who support Private Equity and Funds & Investment Management.
* Facilitating client development activity on the back of what is learnt (from above).
* Ensuring that the group is obtaining feedback from clients - i.e. that post matter and client relationship reviews are undertaken as deemed appropriate
* Liaising with the business research team to prepare relationship notes on clients, sectors and markets, and supplement this with intelligence gleaned from bespoke databases such as Preqin.
Client Team Support
* BD support for at least four priority clients of the PFG Practice (which sit outside the Firm's Global Strategic Client Programme), which involves running team planning meetings and managing all elements of the internal relationship with the relationship partner including 'man-marking', reporting, value-add services, feedback, secondments, WIP and debtors and internal communications.
* Working with the relevant Client Development Managers of certain priority clients of the Global Funds & Investment Management Group ("GFIM") to ensure that the core teams are fully leveraging PFG's resources and capabilities to win private funds work.
* Working with the Legal Secretaries Manager to ensure fee earners and secretaries are following best practice when utilising our Matter Information System, Interaction and sending Vmails.
* Collaborating and liaising with your C&MD counterparts across the global funds & investment management sector and PE practice.
* Leading and managing other business development project activities as required for the C&MD function.
* Developing the skills of others in the C&MD team and supporting associates in their BD skills.
* A highly motivated, a self-starter, committed to high performance, and a track record of furthering your career progression.
* Strong project management and analytical capabilities.
* Ability to juggle and prioritise projects and respond quickly to requests which have a short turnaround time.
* Strong interpersonal skills and exceptionally strong communication skills, both verbal and written (including strong editing and proofing ability and attention to detail).
* Well-developed influencing and presentation skills and be confident, resilient and focused.
* You will have extensive experience of working on competitive proposals and pitches ideally within the professional services market.
* You will have experience of working in a business development role in a private fund establishment (knowledge of the private funds sector is an advantage).
* You will be degree educated or equivalent, ideally with post-graduate qualifications in marketing or strategy
To find out more:
Interested? To find out more about what it is like to work at (COMPANY NAME) in London please visit our careers site
At (COMPANY NAME) we understand that our true asset is our people. We believe that each and every one of us should experience an equality of opportunity and an equality of experience here. We are always working to develop and deliver the best and most innovative approaches to make that happen. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are therefore committed to treating all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
We have a number of initiatives and networks that support our aspiration to be the Global Law Firm of choice. These include our LGBT, Gender Parity, Ethnicity and Disability networks.
#LI-POST #LI-WRAP #IND