Descrizione del lavoro:
We are O2, the commercial brand of (COMPANY NAME) UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by (COMPANY NAME) S.A. We put our 25 million UK customers at the heart of everything we do, so we can use our technology to connect them to the experiences they live for.
And just like our customers, we open up exciting possibilities for our employees too. Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. These are just some of the reasons to join us.
We're always on the lookout for great talent, and we're all about inclusivity. We want to be a true reflection of our customers and their communities, to help us make the best decisions. That's why everybody's welcome at O2 - it's time to get everyone in the room.
What do the team do?
The Innovation team develops and coordinates the execution of core consumer propositions for O2. As such, we are required to be expert marketers and critical thinkers, balancing both creative & pragmatic problem solving. Our people need to mix curiosity, creativity and courage with commercial nous and the ability to make strong connections both across the business and externally. You need to be adept at connecting across, up and down and outside the organisation.
How will you fit into this?
The Innovation Lead is a critical role in the design/build of O2s customer propositions. You are responsible for leading thinking, helping ideate, develop and deliver key innovations to the market. You will know how to use the organisation leadership to help them drive forwards and be able to explain and energise people behind the innovation plan.
You will lead a small team of 2-4 to develop the innovations as well as coaching them to become our next generation of marketers and leaders.
Some of the more specific responsibilities:
* Help to define & deliver the innovation roadmap
* Play a key role in the ideation programme, responsible for developing ideas from conception through to delivery
* Responsible for making recommendations to stop, start or pivot ideas, for proving concepts, business models, developing Innovation in line with the 3-year plan
* Design & implement Innovation following the gating process, helping the teams prepare submissions for pre-decision gate initiative reviews - to help build stronger, more thoroughly thought-through initiatives
* Obtains agreement for plans from governance boards
* Leads implementation of those plans from technical build through to go-to-market
* Analyses launch and works with P&L through early life to drive results
What we need from you:
* Exceptional marketer and innovator - able to articulate marketing theory and practice (using examples) clearly enough so that they can coach it to team members
* Strong & proven commercial acumen - either directly working in a P&L or through ownership of delivery to market
* First rate communication/negotiation/relationship-building skills
* Calm under pressure with the ability to act decisively even in cases of significant uncertainty
* Happy presenting at Board (OpCom/ExCom) level as well as to store and customer service advisors
* Confidence to push ideas when required but with a 'white coat' approach
* Able to take on challenges and pivot where required to deliver sound, well thought through changes within a complex business and matrix structure driving significant change in customer behaviour
* Creative thinker, but also capable of grounding strategies into reality and making them "deliverable"
* Experience of being able to balance commercial needs with what customers want and spotting opportunities to increase revenue growth
* A self-starter, to bring in expertise from outside, integrate and bring in the multiple strands of work from internal stakeholders and the Core Innovation masterplan as appropriate
* Innovative thinking and understanding of end-to-end proposition development (people, processes, systems)
* Able to demonstrate success in their career and how they have learnt from failures
* Good balance of process & creativity (right & left brain)
* Unwavering passion for customers
Salary and benefits:
We're looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits. We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we're open to considering part time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
If you have any questions about the role then please email Rxxxxxxxxxx@xx.xxm who will be happy to help