Descrizione del lavoro:
Want to work for one of hottest and most exciting car-buying brands, play a key role in its editorial output and ultimately help hundreds of thousands of consumers buy the right car? Do you want to be part of the launch team of the editorial function of (COMPANY NAME) Spain?
(COMPANY NAME) is looking for a sharp and talented news editor to make a huge impact across our range of platforms.
The News Editor is responsible for writing, editing, commissioning, managing and promoting (COMPANY NAME)'s substantial - and successful - written news content and car-buying guides.
The bulk of the (COMPANY NAME) editorial team is based in the UK. However, we are now looking to mirror their success as we expand with a dedicated team in Spain, with an imminent roll-out of new social platforms due for the region.
But that's not all. You'll also proactively source information, pictures and video assets and inform social media and video teams to ensure we are first with all major car news stories across all of our platforms. You'll also work closely with our video team, sometimes writing and editing scripts to help create unique content for the site and social media channels.
Are you the kind of person with the drive and determination to join us on this journey? If so you'll be given the opportunity to make the role your own with the freedom to do what's necessary (well… within reason obvs).
This is a fantastic opportunity to put your knowledge of cars into making a real difference for consumers, so if you're up for the challenge, read on...
Buying a car is the 2nd biggest financial decision people make after buying a house, and it's an incredibly complex one. Consumers face many challenges in the process: from choosing the right car to buy, to making sure they're getting a good deal - here at (COMPANY NAME) we aim to fix them all.
From an attic to the 6th fastest growing company in Europe in 2018; (COMPANY NAME) is an online marketplace making car buying better for everyone. Car buying is one of the last areas to be revolutionised by the internet - here at (COMPANY NAME) we're leading the online revolution. Already we've improved car buying for 200,000+ people who have bought Ł5 billion+ worth of cars with our help.
We're a highly driven (excuse the pun), energetic scale-up with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We're backed by some of Europe's leading VCs & car manufacturer Daimler (Mercedes-Benz) with over Ł55m of total funding raised.
We're constantly asking ourselves how we can make car buying better, so if you're curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of our industry, get in touch. It's the chance to be part of something huge.
You'll be part of the (COMPANY NAME) editorial team in Spain reporting into the Editorial Director and working alongside our video editors and writers.
(COMPANY NAME) UK is the most watched car channel YouTube in the world with up to 60 million views a month. It also has more than 4.5 million subscribers. (COMPANY NAME) Spain is now launching the spanish channel and hiring a team to lead the editorial function in Madrid.
Our social media channels enjoy super-high rates of reach and engagement. And, the editorial content on the website is attracting record numbers of car buyers and is ranking high in Google, knocking established brands off the top spots. We are now looking to mirror their success with this newly-formed team.
(COMPANY NAME) is an energetic scale-up. We celebrate our successes and learn from our mistakes. We're passionate about (COMPANY NAME)'s mission and want to be the very best. If your talent and drive matches ours, get in touch.
The bulk of the job will be making sure our news and car-buying content is up-to-date and well optimised - this could include everything from writing about upcoming new cars to reporting on breaking consumer-related car news or commissioning rewrites of current content.
You'll be a sharp news writer, able to write to the (COMPANY NAME) house style, and have a keen eye for detail when editing copy from other members of the team - you'll also know which pictures to choose to grab readers' attention, and that fit with our house style.
You'll be comfortable representing (COMPANY NAME) at press events and you'll need to build good working relationships with the PR departments of all the major car manufacturers to ensure we are always kept in the loop of upcoming new car reveals and launches. You'll maintain a schedule of when new cars will be revealed and when they're available to drive.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join a team that has enjoyed explosive growth recognised across the industry.
* Manage the workflow of news and advice content across all our platforms.
* Write news scripts for our industry-leading YouTube videos.
* Write informative, engaging copy within tight deadlines and to our style.
* Edit the work of others to maintain consistency and high quality.
* Maintain a news diary of the latest car launches and news embargoes.
* Help where needed on video shoots.
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
* Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual company trip.
* A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development.
* Be part of a really fun team with an incredible opportunity to change the way people buy cars in Spain
Requisiti del candidato:
* Experienced automotive journalist with strong knowledge of current cars.
* Superb news writing skills.
* A deep understanding and experience of the car industry.
* Strong SEO knowledge - you will know about page titles, meta descriptions and potential pitfalls when creating lots of car content. You will have a good idea of what content gets traffic through Google search.
* Be able to work under pressure and hit deadlines - while maintaining the higuest possible editorial standards.
* A self-starter - you will have the drive and determination not just to meet targets, but to smash them.
* A digital expert - you will have extensive experience of working with a website CMS and know how to use Google analytics, or similar, to monitor the performance of articles.
* Basic Photoshop and HTML skills are desirable