Descrizione del lavoro:
(COMPANY NAME) is seeking a Principal Frontend Software Engineer to join us in our mission to bring the world together through live experiences. Last year alone, our platform processed over 150 million tickets across over 3 million events organized by our creators. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to build beautiful, responsive, delightful, and intuitive user interfaces that our creators and attendees are excited to use every day.
The members of our team tackle big problems through small group collaboration. Our technology spans across web, mobile, APIs, big data and machine learning, search, as well as physical point of sale and ticket scanning systems. As a people-focused organization, we support a culture of inclusion, mentorship, and continuous learning. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and hackathons are at the core of how we build our team and product. We engage with the community by hosting events with exciting technical speakers and releasing key building blocks of our stack as open-source software.
We are seeking an experienced and driven software engineer to join our team and help influence front end development at (COMPANY NAME). You will impact the broad business by providing architectural guidance, applying your experience both hands on and by enabling others. You will contribute to (COMPANY NAME) engineering's culture of technical excellence through inclusivity, knowledge sharing, and mentorship. This is more than an opportunity to join an amazing team, it is a chance to impact (COMPANY NAME)'s platform and organization at scale.
THE TECH STACK
(COMPANY NAME) extensively uses React with Redux and has started using Typescript for building various applications. We are one of the world's largest Django-powered sites by request volume. Python, Django, and MySQL are the primary off-the-shelf technologies in our stack. We are hosted on AWS.
THE SKILL SET
* You have experience working with React
* You have experience with state management frameworks like Redux
* You can lead and influence architectural designs
* You are a pragmatic programmer that understands how to balance quality, time to ship, and costYou understand build vs. buy tradeoffs
* You can improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
* You have a deep understanding of cross-browser compatibility pitfalls and how to work around them
* You have a great track record of working closely with design teams to build beautiful and intuitive web pages and applications
* You enjoy mentoring and teaching colleagues at all levels, while also learning from them
* You have a holistic approach to quality
* You have a strong portfolio (on Github) that displays your passion for delighting users
* You have previous experience working with a large engineering team on a complex web application
* You have previous experience with build chain tools like Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, and YarnYou have previous experience with visual design techniques like spacing, typography, and color
* You have familiarity with server-side frameworks such as Django, Express, Rails, .Net, or Node.jsYou have familiarity with working in container environments and continuous integration tools like Jenkins
* You have familiarity with TypescriptYou have familiarity with relational databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc
ABOUT (COMPANY NAME)
(COMPANY NAME) is a the world's largest self-service ticketing platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes - from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions -- by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Sign up to keep in touch and we'll let you know when we have new positions on our team.
(COMPANY NAME) is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Applicant Privacy Notice