Descrizione del lavoro:
In the Barcelona Tech Hub, we build the supply products for the Free Now urban mobility solution. This encompasses everything from the drivers' registration, the Android/iOS application for them, and all the customer support and market tools to help our drivers to have the best experience using FREE NOW.
What's the Driver & Company Happiness team about?
The team exists to increase engagement of our drivers and company owners. We do this by helping them grow in a smart way, and making their work rewarding by minimizing effort and maximizing earnings. We help them by providing what they need to make the right decisions at the right time.
The tribe is made up of four cross-disciplinary teams, where each team has members who come from product, design and engineering backgrounds (including mobile, backend, frontend and SDET). These teams deliver product features, as well as internal tools, for drivers and company owners, focusing on such things as Driver Incentives, Loyalty, Passenger Rating, Driver and Fleet management, Document management, etc.
The person filling this role will work in partnership with their peer (the Tribe Product Lead), and together they will work in a Dual Track approach, leading the teams to experiment and discover what will delight our users, and also efficiently deliver those features to our markets, so as to increase engagement.
The person filling this role will report into the VP of Engineering (Supply), and will participate in the leadership of the entire Supply pillar, made up of ten teams, and will drive collaboration with the other pillars inside Free Now: Demand (passenger side), Marketplace and Next (Future Mobility).
Our product is fine-tuned to the needs of different cities and countries, as well as their regulators. That's why being able to perform hyper-local changes in a streamlined way is a must for our company.
What will you do?
* Oversee delivery, being responsible for the output of your team. Ensure timely and high quality deliverables with measurable business impact. Provide visibility of progress and performance
* Work closely with your product peer to translate product vision into deliverable roadmaps, and also to define the tribe strategy, particularly the technical aspects
* Manage expectations of stakeholders from different functions (product, UX, operations, marketing, etc.), and be capable of being effective liaising with all layers of management, up to the C-level
* Bring your knowledge and experience of software engineering best practices to the team, driving continuous improvement
* Provide a solid understanding of how your teams work impacts the end users, and ultimately the business, and create a deep sense of purpose in your teams
* Coach and develop your Engineering Managers, providing them with new challenges and frequent feedback, so that they can grow and increase their impact
* Guide your extended team in their growth and development to become a high performing product development engineering team
* Collaborate with other engineering leaders in order to deliver cross-team efforts and give company-wise input, regarding the engineering department (career ladders, training, etc).
* Working with teams and their leaders to champion the use of new technologies that solve customer problems
* Foster autonomy in your direct reports, and be a true leader of leaders
* Work closely with the recruiting team on attracting and onboarding new team members, but also on retaining and rewarding existing team members
So…If you are experienced in leading teams and in building great products, while growing to become high performing .. HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!
Am I a good fit for the job? What are the requirements?
* A solid background in leading teams doing software product development (Software Engineering, Ops / DevOps, Cloud / Distributed Systems)
* Experience leading engineering teams, and coaching and developing engineering managers
* User-centric approach, bringing a solid product and business mindset
* Pragmatic, problem-solving, can-do attitude
* Deep experience working in an agile work environment, with passion about the agile way of working
* Ability to strike the balance of team health, delivery throughput and platform/operational excellence
* Experience and a strong interest in modern development tools and practices
* Strong communication and problem-solving skills
* Strong interpersonal skills with excellent communication in English
* Nice to have: experience with Dual Track Agile
Diversity and inclusion:
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or age. We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative, and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.
Move like you
At FREE NOW we have colleagues from over 65 nations! We value open communication and welcome everyone as they are. We are all one team and follow the same goals - that's why we share our insights and results to get on track together every month.
Your wellness and work-life balance matters to us. We offer trust-based and flexible working hours as well as the option to work from home. In the office, you can enjoy our free drinks and daily fresh fruit. Do you like to be active? Take part in our subsidized gym membership. Bigger plans? Take a sabbatical leave and get out there!
Let's grow together! We believe in a transparent career growth plan, quarterly development sessions with your engineering manager as well as regular 1:1s to help you thrive! For your own ideas, you're welcome to set up initiatives and projects.
Need a lift? Check out our language classes and internal peer-to-peer training.
More Benefits? xxxx9; Monthly budget for FREE NOW rides, quarterly team events, company-wide onboarding days at our HQ in Hamburg, relocation assistance for internationals, birthday-off, and kudos. Atop this, we are remote-friendly!
About FREE NOW:
The FREE NOW Group is the multi-service mobility joint venture from Daimler and BMW. It consists of the services FREE NOW (9 European markets), Beat (5 Latin American markets, and 1 European market), Kapten (3 European markets), and hive (3 European markets). Summed up, those services currently attract 41 million users in 17 markets and more than 150 cities. This makes the FREE NOW Group the biggest ride-hailing provider in Europe and the fastest-growing in Latin America. In total, more than 2.200 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of the FREE NOW Group, which is led by CEO Marc Berg