Descrizione del lavoro:
At (COMPANY NAME) we aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we've still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech 'unicorn'. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently find us in 68 cities across Spain and Latin America. Every month, new members join our world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we're determined to keep our 'start-up' spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
It's been quite a ride so far, but in reality, our journey has only just begun. If we're going to turn our vision into a reality, we're going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the role
As an Engineering Manager at (COMPANY NAME), you will be responsible for leading and guiding the most important part of our engineering organization - our people.
They have high interaction with other teams and business areas. This means nurturing our culture of collaboration, communication, and coordination between and within teams.
All these tasks deeply impact (COMPANY NAME) ability to be a profitable business, and they involve processing data in high volumes with precision and speed, offering a unique challenge from a purely engineering point of view.
We practice have strong ownership of our services, continuous integration, strive for high observability, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
Prior to taking on engineering management, you likely were a senior individual contributor with a comprehensive understanding of complex systems that you were a vital part of developing & launching over the years. This has given you the perspective to help other engineers prioritise their tasks, shape their career decisions, and face tricky challenges.
* Lead a team of diverse and talented software engineers with different levels of expertise
* Drive technical projects to success and provide leadership in a fast-paced environment
* Think critically about the long-term career development of team members
* Conduct regular check-ins and 1-1s with team members
* Communicate across cross-functional teams such as Product, Analytics, Marketing, Creative, and Design
* Contribute technically to projects by being a hands-on coder as necessary and removing roadblocks. We expect Managers to code a part of their time, this is not a pure management position.
* Lead prioritization efforts and provide mentorship to others
* Be the Best Friend of team's Product Manager, working in tandem to analyze problems and execution plans
* Deeply care about the happiness of others
* Directly report (and get support from) the Head of Engineering of your group
You should have:
* A knack for effective and clear communication in all circumstances
* Hands-on people management and/or technical leadership experience
* A passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration and ingenuity
* Extensive professional experience in software development, working on robust, complex systems that serve a high volume of users
* An appreciation for engineering best practices and quality over quantity of work
* Ability to handle ambiguous problems and make the tradeoffs without compromising quality
* Experience working with remote and partially remote team members
* Ability to understand, diagnose, and effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
* Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, microservices, and relational/NoSQL/cloud databases
* Experience in Ruby, Go and/or Elixir
* Experience in modern frontend development using some framework and library like React, Angular or Vue.
* Experience with distributed system communication, performance analysis, and optimization
What's it like to work at (COMPANY NAME)?
We're a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
* Excellent Salary conditions at Engineering: 48k-69k. We also offer a very competitive stock options plan.
* Work from our Madrid office, remotely or both
* Flexible work environment & hours
* A well-defined Career Path, personal development programs and personal budget for conferences and training
* (COMPANY NAME) staff discount
* Flexible remuneration: subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
* A pet room so you don't have to leave your furry friend at home
* Regular fun team events
* All the gear you need - just bring yourself.
(COMPANY NAME) is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age or ability. Join us