Descrizione del lavoro:
Do you want to change the world? At (COMPANY NAME) and Movo, that's what we're doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers, providing mobility alternatives such as scooters and mopeds and many others to come, at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we've still got a long way to go… fancy joining us?
Right now we're working on some pretty greenfield projects with a solid set of product ideas lined up ready for innovative engineers to tackle and of course we have big plans to take over the taxi app service industry!
Site Reliability Engineers at (COMPANY NAME) work on improving all aspects of our platform and have an impact across the whole organisation. They are a blend of systems engineers and software developers who solve operational issues with software and implement the best production engineering and security practices.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be:
* Evolving our infrastructure platform building self-service components that will be used by all the engineering team and by millions of users around the world.
* Working closely with our Product and Infrastructure teams to architecture and develop first-class infrastructure components.
* Designing and implementing tooling to improve the availability, scalability, observability and latency of our services, which are used by internal customers to deploy and operate their services.
* Defining SLIs, SLOs and SLAs as part of the services lifecycle.
* Sharing an on-call schedule for the platform services you own.
* Solving problems in our highly available platform together with other teams, then build automations to prevent incidents from happening again.
* Participating in our recruiting process to help grow our engineering team.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
* Think Unix, you know the networking stack, the OSI model, containers (and schedulers), and you know your way around monitoring, logging and the CAP theorem (bonus!).
* Have strong programming skills at least in one language, and know your way around a few more or can learn them if the opportunity arises.
* Automate yourself out of everything by nature, making machines do the toil.
* Communicate effectively and asynchronously.
* Care about the things that affect the company, your team, and yourself.
* Embrace diversity and humbleness (and a bit of trolling).
* Prefer taking iterative action over waiting for things to happen or to be perfect.
* Strongly favor simplicity over complexity.
* Have a sense for identifying, exploiting and elevating bottlenecks.
* Enjoy herding cats and shaving yaks.
Projects you could work on:
* Improving the creation pipeline of our Nomad worker nodes with Terraform and Packer ensuring repeatable builds and unattended, automated provisioning.
* Helping us moving our service fleet to Kubernetes (Google's GKE).
* Kickstarting the migration of our edge and internal networks, from HAProxy + nginx to Traefik + Kong.
* Evolving our time-series monitoring platform (Prometheus) and explore long-term retention solutions (Cortex, M3 or Thanos, we are still exploring) in order to provide a first-class service to all of our engineering teams.
* Scaling our ever-growing logging platform (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana on Kubernetes) to keep up with the business demands.
What's it like to work at (COMPANY NAME)?:
We're a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
* Excellent Salary conditions at Engineering: Junior 24k-30k, Mid 30k-48k, Senior 48k-55k, Principal 55k-69k (EUR).
We also offer very competitive stock options plan. At (COMPANY NAME) we strongly believe highly committed, vision-aligned key roles must be long term invested in the company's success, thus a significant portion of the compensation of roles such as this one goes in the form of stock options.
* We offer relocation package to those coming from other countries or fully remote working conditions.
* Remote days available upon agreement (if you decide to go on-site).
* Flexible work environment & hours, we don't track hours but delivered results.
* Regular fun team events.
* (COMPANY NAME) staff discount.
* Personal development programmes.
* Flexible remuneration: restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare.
* A pet room so you don't have to leave your furry friend at home.
* All the gear you need.
* And last but not least...free coffee!
(COMPANY NAME) is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age or ability. Join us