Descrizione del lavoro:
This position is located in the Information Management and Technology Section (IMTS) of the Office of the High Commissioner of Human Rights (OHCHR), based in Geneva, Switzerland. The incumbent reports to the Computer Systems Information Officer in the IMT Section of the Programme Support and Management Services (PSMS) and the Coordinator of the Treaty Body Capacity Building Programme in the Anti-Torture, Funds, Harmonization & Capacity Building Section of the Human Rights Treaties Branch (Council and Treaty Mechanisms Division - CTMD).
Within delegated authority, the Information Systems Officer will be responsible for the following duties :
* Manages all IT related aspects of the National Tracking Database (NRTD) and the Universal Human Rights Index (UHRI) systems which involves carrying out feasibility studies, systems analysis, design, development and implementation of NRTD and UHRI systems; develops detailed related systems and other functional specifications and user documentation for these systems; develops and programs the NRTD and UHRI IT applications, and monitors the progress of the development.
* Acts as the liaison person with Member States on all NRTD related issues and queries.
* Manages all IT related aspects of the project involving feasibility studies, systems analysis, design, development and implementation of new, moderately complex systems.
* Develops detailed system and other functional specifications and user documentation for system.
* Provides specialized advice to users, analyzing users' requirements and translating these into new applications; determines application systems integration and linkage issues.
* Maintains, upgrades or enhances existing user systems; troubleshoots and provides continuing user support, to include resolving difficult problems, advising on the use of new techniques, monitoring transactions to measure performance and continued effectiveness of assigned systems, etc.
* Develops and maintains computer programs that require integration of many interrelated systems and program elements; ensures appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area issues.
* Organizes and performs unit and integrated testing, designing and utilizing test bases; assists users in acceptance testing.
* Develops training materials, operating and user manuals; trains staff in assigned systems.
* Researches, analyzes and evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations for their deployment.
* Participates in writing reports and papers on systems-related topics, system requirements, information strategy, etc.
* Provides guidance to and may supervise, new/junior staff, consultants, etc.
PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of information technology/information management, particularly in systems analysis, database design and programming. Knowledge of several high level programming languages and significant exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of programming and analysis, including structured/object-oriented design, relational systems, scripting and query languages, document design and management, hardware and software requirements, systems facilities and execution protocols. Knowledge of CodeIgniter framework, Apache Web Server and Linux operating system. Knowledge of Microsoft C# programming language and Microsoft SQL Server is desirable. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, to include proficiency in the development and implementation of systems of moderate size/complexity. Knowledge of interactive systems; good knowledge of organization's information infrastructure and IT strategy as it relates to user area(s); independently maintains assigned systems and develops innovative approaches to resolve a wide range of issues/problems. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; and takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work. TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings. PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent degree) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems or related area is required.
Experience working in the national and international level and/or in the public and private sector is desirable.
At least one (1) year of experience in the multi-tier application development using PHP (server scripting language) and MySQL systems (relational database management) is also desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Fluency in French is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
THIS POSITION IS TEMPORARILY AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF SIX (6) MONTHS, STARTING 1 DECEMBER 2020 - SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS.
* If the selected candidate is a staff member from the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat, the selection will be administered as a temporary assignment. * While this temporary assignment may provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to gain new work experience, the selection for this position is for a limited period and has no bearing on the future incumbency of the post. * Subject to the funding source of the position, the eligibility for this temporary job opening may be limited to candidates based at the duty station. * This temporary job opening may be limited to "internal candidates," who have been recruited through a competitive examination administered according to staff rule 4.16 or staff selection process including the review of a central review body established according to staff rule 4.15. * Staff members of the (COMPANY NAME) common system organizations who will reach the mandatory age of separation or retirement within the duration of the current temporary need period are not eligible to apply.Submitting an application or selection for the current temporary job opening does not delay or increase the mandatory age of separation. * Retirees above the mandatory age of separation who wish to be considered for the current temporary job opening must indicate the reason for their last separation as "retirement." Such retirees shall not be employed by the Organization, unless (a) the operational requirements of the Organization cannot be met by staff members who are qualified and available to perform the required functions; and (b) the proposed employment would not adversely affect the career development or redeployment opportunities of other staff members and represents both a cost-effective and operationally sound solution to meet the needs of the service.
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, (COMPANY NAME) staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the (COMPANY NAME) in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS