Descrizione del lavoro:
(COMPANY NAME) people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 2xxx0 km, 3xxx0 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Together we shape the world around us and develop the future - here and today! Passion for innovation and pioneering technologies is our motivation. Every day, we develop smart solutions for safety-critical applications in railway technology, aerospace, defense and security.
(COMPANY NAME) Alenia Space Schweiz AG in Zurich, with its 75 employees, is the Swiss branch of the internationally operating (COMPANY NAME) Alenia Space, which has been developing, integrating, testing and operating innovative and complex space systems for more than 40 years. (COMPANY NAME) Alenia Space Switzerland technologies and products are used in the exploration of our solar system and the cosmos, earth observation and satellite telecommunications.
FPGA Designer/Communication Engineer (f/m/d)
in space travel at our location in Zurich in Switzerland
Your main tasks are:
Specification, conceptual and detailed design of integrated circuits for FPGA with focus on forward error correction (FEC) , clock and data recovery (CDR) and line coding.
This includes the following responsibilities:
* Specify, design and verify by review, analysis and test the conceptual and detailed development of digital electronics (FPGA, VHDL) for space and terrestrial application
* Support for electrical subsystem engineering from specification to delivery in compliance to industrial and space business norms & standards (e.g. ECSS) with focus on digital electronics
* Support process development and continuous improvement
* Analyze modulation and coding schemes (e.g. LDPC, Reed-Solomon) for multi-Gigabit applications
* Support link budget for optical communication
Your background and skills:
Technical education (university degree) in electrical engineering or similar
* Excellent theoretical and practical experience in the development of digital electronics and communication equipment (e.g. coding, modulation, signal to noise, communication protocols & algorithms)
* Very experienced in the usage of design, verification and analysis tools (e.g. Mentor Graphics Modelsim, IDE like Microsemi Libero, Phyton, TCL/TK, Matlab)
* Interest and skills in interdisciplinary development of complex systems e.g. for space applications
* Working in interdisciplinary teams
* Good team player
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
* A structured, methodical working method
* Ability to proactively find solutions
* Fluent in English. Good knowledge of German (particularly spoken) is an advantage. French is an advantage as well.
* Several years (>5y) of experience in industry is an advantage
* Experience in space business and applications is an advantage
* Team player skilled to work in teams and to take leading project roles
* Experienced with MS-Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
* Application of version control and configuration management (Git, SAP)
As a global player with projects all over the world we are looking for candidates of different backgrounds and backgrounds, because the diversity of our innovative and creative teams is our success factor. Therefore, this is also a central aspect of our personnel selection.
You want to know more? We look forward to hearing from you:
Talent Acquisition Team Switzerland
Tel .: +49 (0) 7xxx xxx xxxx9
We look forward to receiving your application via our workday career portal.
For more information about (COMPANY NAME) as an employer, visit wxx.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/xxxxxr
At (COMPANY NAME) we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With (COMPANY NAME) employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now