Descrizione del lavoro:
About (COMPANY NAME)
(COMPANY NAME) has a presence in 75 countries with more than 180,000 employees, including 140,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and (COMPANY NAME) Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. (COMPANY NAME) is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, (COMPANY NAME) also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
In the context of a work from home allowance program, offered by (COMPANY NAME) Canada to its employees, we are looking for a Tax intern, for the period of July to September 2020. His mission will be to manage the reimbursement requests in accordance with the applicable Canadian and Quebec tax rules.
We also expect that person, in close relationships with the Tax analyst, will ensure a proper control framework of the initiative for both internal and tax rules. This position will bring exposure to Management as it is a key initiative for the Bank.
Process the allowance requests coming from the employees of the Bank.
* Apply the Federal and Provincial tax rules.
* Apply the internal procedures in the treatment of the requests.
* Maintain the database of the requests.
* Maintain a constant communication with the employees in regards to their requests.
* Maintain in order the dedicated mailbox.
* Maintain in order the supporting documents and folders in the event of a tax audit.
* Maintain a dashboard of the initiative.
* Watch for any update from Government or tax authorities related to work from home subsidy programs.
Contribute to any other tasks within the tax team.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
* University or College degree, preferably Accounting, Business Administration or Finance (completed or in progress)
* Working experience in a large corporation would be considered an asset
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
* Basic accounting and tax knowledge.
* Good time management skills with the ability to work efficiently with large quantity of information.
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel & PPT)
* Languages: Fluent in English and French
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
* Professional posture to develop and maintain good relationships with the different (COMPANY NAME) stakeholders
* Effective communicator, written and oral, with good interpersonal skills
* A team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams.
* Ability to work with precision in a fast paced environment
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
Primary Location: CA-QC-MontréalJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: MISCELLANEOUSEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 1 yearSchedule: Full-time Reference