Descrizione del lavoro:
Requisition ID: 2xxxx8
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Graduate
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
(COMPANY NAME) started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
(COMPANY NAME) values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAPs Cloud Business is the fastest growing Business Area at (COMPANY NAME).
Within the Product Engineering Group, the Cloud Lifecycle Management Application Management team is providing central tools and architectures for provisioning and operating various (COMPANY NAME) Cloud solutions. One of our main products is the Service Provider Cockpit (SPC), which is the de-facto standard suite for service operations in (COMPANY NAME)'s major cloud units like S/4HANA, C/4HANA, HANA Enterprise Cloud, HCM and others. In addition to managing (COMPANY NAME)'s inhouse IaaS platforms, SPC is also used to orchestrate workloads on all major hyperscalers (Azure, AWS, GCP, AliCloud).
The team drives the design, implementation and "productization" of the key lifecycle management services required to drive operations excellence for (COMPANY NAME)'s cloud delivery. Examples are the Cloud Landscape Directory (CLD) for all (COMPANY NAME) Cloud Business Tenants, Provisioning/Upsell/Renewal of single tenants as well as complete intelligent enterprise scenarios, Customer/Board/Field Notifications, Cloud Access Management, Downtime & Activity Management, Operations Lifecycle Management including Software Change Management as well as High Availability/Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Services all based on the IT Process Automation.
The team works in an agile mode and collaborates very closely with our customers and stakeholders to provide the most efficient operations support and appealing and easy to use functionality. In addition, we are also in close alignment with different product groups to bring SAPs product innovations to the cloud. Curiosity and passion for our customers are our inner drivers. We are therefore absolutely committed to integrate the latest innovations into our cloud services and content offerings for most appealing and efficient consumption.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As an Associate DevOps Engineer within the (COMPANY NAME) Operations Engineering & Automation Team you take over accountability for excellent execution of (COMPANY NAME)'s Cloud strategy. You will be dealing with the full development cycle, from discussing requirements with our (internal) customers, to design, architecture, implementation, bug fixing and troubleshooting. In your role as an Associate DevOps Engineer you will work closely with international colleagues together on development projects with the following activities:
* Perform system landscape support in the assigned functional areas of responsibility
* Effective system operations along the software lifecycle
* Ensure excellent quality and maintain high standards
* Engage in operations model/operational processes and procedures
* Ensure smooth operations and maximize uptime
* Good team player, as we are working in a friendly and agile team. No shyness regarding code reviews and pair programming.
* "Can do" attitude with clear customer focus.
* Willingness to dig into an existing code base and get an understanding of how "other people's" code works.
* Openness to continuously learn new technologies
* Willingness to discuss directly with end users and stakeholders, and ability to translate their expectations into simple, "easy to use" and "easy to maintain" architecture and functionality.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Good understanding in the area of technology, e.g.:
* Basic knowledge in ABAP (or equivalent) object-oriented programming language
* Basic knowledge of automation tools and scripting with Perl, Shell scripting
* Basic product knowledge and knowledge of software architecture in one or multiple focus areas and / or NetWeaver System Administration or Software Lifecycle Tools
* Basic knowledge in Linux OS, Apache Tomcat and middleware technologies
* experience of setting up, working in, and managing large virtualized landscape / environment
* first experiences with public cloud service providers (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure)
* Exposure to Security aspects, Firewall, IDS, WAF, Mod Security, Various Certifications and Standards
* Bachelor/Master Degree in Computer Science or comparable IT apprenticeship
* Fluent in English (verbal/written) is much appreciated. Fluent in German (verbal/written) is must have.
* Passion for programming/coding and practical knowledge of at least two object-oriented programming languages
* Passion for innovation. Interest in business process background
* Good communication and technical skills
* Very strong analytical and logical skills
* high quality demands towards work accomplished
This is an entry level position for upcoming or recent graduates or young professionals. Job relevant experience gained in student job or internship is highly appreciated.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At (COMPANY NAME), we help you make it your own.
A career at (COMPANY NAME) can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
(COMPANY NAME)'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, (COMPANY NAME) invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org or Cxxxxxx.email@example.com, APJ: Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org, EMEA: Cxxxxxx@xxx.xxm).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: ERP, Engineer, Intern, (COMPANY NAME), Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Entry Level