Descrizione del lavoro:
The internship is located at the External Relations Office in the Mechanism's Registry in The Hague, reporting to the Press Officer and External Relations Officer. The International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (Mechanism) was established in 2010 by the (COMPANY NAME) to continue the jurisdiction, rights, obligations and essential functions of the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) and the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) after the completion of their respective mandates. Essential functions of the Mechanism include tracking and prosecution of remaining fugitives, conducting remaining trial and appeals proceedings, support and protection of witnesses, supervision of enforcement of sentences and preservation and management of the archives. The Mechanism has two branches, one in Arusha, Tanzania and the other in The Hague, The Netherlands.
A Mechanism internship is UNPAID and full-time. Core working hours for interns are Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Overtime may be required to meet deadlines for specific projects. Interns work under the supervision of a staff member in the office to which they are assigned. The duration of a Mechanism internship can range from a minimum of three months to a maximum of six months, according to the needs of the intern's assigned office.
* Monitor worldwide news sources for articles relating to the Mechanism and its work.
* Produce daily reports containing such news items for distribution among senior figures at both branches of the Mechanism.
* Produce first drafts of press releases; draft possible questions and answers for use during press briefings.
* Assist staff proofreading and editing press releases, news items and other public information material.
* Assist staff with research requests and any other general requests from the media.
* Support the work of the Public Information Assistant by drafting and uploading information to the Mechanism social media channels.
* Draft articles for publication on the Mechanism's intranet news service.
* Undertake background research and/or collect information for public information projects. In addition, assist in the preparation of social media or other reports.
* Assist with the organization and implementation of group visits to the Mechanism in The Hague.
* Draft content for use in new features on the Mechanism website, and assist in the proofreading and quality control of website content.
* Provide assistance during the preparation for and duration of high-profile events such as conferences and trial judgements.
* Assist in the daily running of the Mechanism's legal library.
* Assist with the implementation of longer-term projects on behalf of any of the Units within the External Relations Office.
* Draft meeting minutes, reports, speaking and background notes and similar.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Professionalism -Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
* Teamwork - Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
* Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
High school diploma or equivalent; fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software e.g. word processing, PowerPoint, Excel.
Must be 18 years of age or over
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme
English and French are the working languages of the Mechanism. For this post excellent written and oral English is required. Knowledge of French or B/C/S (Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian) is an asset.
Potential candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager directly for further consideration. Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
A complete online application including ALL of the documents listed below is required. Please note that documents may only be in English or French, and that incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applicants must attach ALL of the following documents to each application:
1. Acceptance and Undertaking
2. Cover letter stating the reasons for applying.
3. Two letters of recommendation;
4. Copies of university/law studies transcripts (including courses taken and grades received);
5. A scanned copy of the applicant's valid medical insurance or a signed statement confirming intent to obtain medical insurance while in The Netherlands.
6. A sample of written work (in English or French) preferably in a field relevant to the work of the IRMCT and preferably no more than ten pages long.
Interns must keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and not publish any reports or papers based on such information except with the explicit written authorization of the Chief of Human Resources of the IRMCT. Interns are bound by the same duties and obligations as staff members, and the information to which an intern has access in the course of the internship must not be divulged to external parties. Each prospective intern must sign the Acceptance and Undertaking Form to indicate their understanding and acceptance of this stipulation. This form must be included in every application.
On completion of their internship, interns are required to complete a substantive report on their assignments. This will be included in their file and will be forwarded, upon request, to the sponsoring institution, government body or private organization.
There should be no expectation of employment by the (COMPANY NAME) or the IRMCT upon completion of the internship.
IRMCT interns are responsible for all internship-related expenses that they incur. The (COMPANY NAME) accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during an internship. Therefore, upon award of an internship, interns are responsible for securing adequate insurance coverage and are required to sign and return a statement confirming their understanding and acceptance of these conditions of service.
Candidates of certain nationalities must obtain a visa authorizing their stay in The Netherlands before they depart for The Hague to begin their internship. While this is the overall responsibility of the selected candidate, the Registry will provide information and supporting documents in this regard.
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS
|Pubblicato il:||27 Lug 2020|
|Tipo di impiego:||Stage|
|Settore:||Governo / Non-profit|
|Durata di lavoro:||3 mesi|