Descrizione del lavoro:
(COMPANY NAME) has been on the cutting-edge of innovation for decades. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new connections for people everywhere. (COMPANY NAME)'s 5G advancements will open up new possibilities that will continue to push us forward and bring new worlds within reach for our consumers. Our Networks interns take real-world connectivity problems and lead the charge on formulating creative solutions. Our structured program prepares every intern for success by allowing them to fully integrate into our dynamic culture while contributing their own unique ideas. We create opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students to impact change and make the impossible possible. Join #LifeatSamsung.
Role and Responsibilities
Position Summary and Project Details:
(COMPANY NAME) Networks team charter is to build cloud-based next generation 5G network solutions to enable 5G technology and services for U.S. carrier customers and enterprise customers alike. We have an exciting opportunity to work as Virtualization/Orchestration Intern as part of the Networks team in (COMPANY NAME) Electronics America (SEA).
Join our fast paced and highly collaborative team to create scripts, run database queries, use DevOps tools and provide overall support for all (COMPANY NAME) Virtualization and Cloud-based solutions. You will enforce skills related to Frontend development, database management, scripting and virtualization, while potentially learning new skills in Cloud computing concepts, such as Kubernetes and a wide variety of CNCF toolsets.
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of 5G network applications. We work hard in a fast paced environment, challenge the status quo and relentlessly strive for excellence, yet we like to have a good time in a fun filled atmosphere.
General Duties include but are not limited to:
* Manage the (COMPANY NAME) cloud controllers' databases and run queries / scripts to capture resource utilization of tenants in existing environment.
* Provide resource roadmap for SEA VNF management based on statistics received from the developed tool.
* Build complex automation to reduce manual effort and increase on change velocity and quality. Automation technology includes Terraform for infrastructure as a service and Ansible for application deployment and configuration.
* Design and code tools that support new engineering releases and product features. We primarily use Ansible, Bash and Python.
* Problem solving, troubleshooting of issues observed in the (COMPANY NAME) lab environment
Skills and Qualifications
* Pursuing Master's/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
* Expert in Shell / Python / XML scripting
* Beginner's knowledge of Openstack / VMWare virtualization and Cloud-computing
* Intermediate in Database management (e.g. MySQL, Redis)
* Linux administration for functionality and performance
* Front-end development experience is a plus
* Understanding TCP/IP networks including IP addressing and subnetting
* Written and verbal communication skills
* Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision making skills.
* Ability to multi-task and deliver multiple project phases at the same time
* Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
* Interested to learn across multiple open source technologies including Kubernetes, Nginx, Postgres, Jenkins, Ubuntu and cloud services.
* (COMPANY NAME) Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law