Descrizione del lavoro:
We are looking for a software engineer intern for Autonomous Vehicles in the DRIVE mapping team. A precise HD map is required for localization and it provides information essential for driving and providing redundancies for increased safety. In this role, you will help craft and guide our unique low-cost map building solution, which is the future of (COMPANY NAME)'s autonomous vehicle mapping.
We are seeking the best engineers passionate about solving problems for self-driving cars with a background in software and framework design, embedded software, working on real-time software and operating systems. Are you interested in inventing human level AI for navigation in the unconstrained world under any conditions? If so, join us!
What you'll be doing:
* Developing core functionality for map-based driving in the car.
* Downloading map content on the fly using appropriate slicing based on car requests in a safety critical manner.
* Handling real-time system signals in the car running all over the world.
* Designing and integrating algorithmic solutions into the core of (COMPANY NAME) AV.
* Fusing data from the map after localization with perception.
* Writing safe embedded software code to run in real-time systems.
* Develop highly efficient product code in C++ and make use of high algorithmic parallelism offered by GPGPU programming (CUDA).
* Produce code and designs following automotive quality and safety standards.
What we need to see:
* You are pursuing a BS/MS degree in Computer science or related areas
* Passionate about robotics and autonomous vehicles.
* Strive to learn new things and like solving hard problems.
* Good communication and analytical skills.
* Ability to work with multiple teams.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
* Software development on embedded or automotive platforms.
* Experience with GPGPU programming (CUDA).
* Runtime optimization of code using profilers.
* Experience with API and framework design.
* Experience with 3D geometry and graphics.
We believe that realizing self-driving vehicles will be a defining contribution of our generation (e.g. traffic accidents are responsible for ~1.25 million deaths per year world-wide). We have the funding and scale, but we need your help on our team.
(COMPANY NAME) is widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers with some of the most brilliant and talented people in the world working here. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.