Descrizione del lavoro:
(COMPANY NAME) has been on the cutting-edge of innovation for decades. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new connections for people everywhere. (COMPANY NAME)'s 5G advancements will open up new possibilities that will continue to push us forward and bring new worlds within reach for our consumers. Our Networks interns take real-world connectivity problems and lead the charge on formulating creative solutions. Our structured program prepares every intern for success by allowing them to fully integrate into our dynamic culture while contributing their own unique ideas. We create opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students to impact change and make the impossible possible. Join #LifeatSamsung.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a 4G 5G LTE Systems Support Engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, product support and validation to introduce (COMPANY NAME) products to Wireless Carrier.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Provide technical Support for (COMPANY NAME) 4G/5G RAN products deployed in operator's network including virtualized and non-virtualized solutions
* Work with customers on a day-to-day basis to resolve customer network issues.
* Drive investigation of issues with other internal teams and root cause the issue.
* Generate product availability and stability reports for (COMPANY NAME) products deployed in the network
* Assist the Network Deployment team in the integration of new LTE & 5G sites and migration of legacy sites of the RAN equipment into the existing network.
* Troubleshoot network connectivity issues between the core and cell-site routers and their configuration.
* Assist system test and validation teams in lab by reproducing software bugs and testing out software fixes and new software releases
* Analyze and recommend test equipment, test methods to validate essential requirements, and interface proactively and effectively within (COMPANY NAME) and with customers as related to testing activities.
* Candidate will work closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from SEA and (COMPANY NAME) HQ to ensure comprehensive test coverage.
* Ability to travel sporadically during the project.
* Key contributor in driving the product functionality and quality to the customer
* Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
* Bringing your aptitude and experience in problem solving and an ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Skills and Qualifications
Background & Competencies Required:
* Bachelor's Degree in EE/CS; Advanced degree is preferred covering following foundational courses:
* Intro to telecommunication or wireless networks
* Digital communications theory
* IP network and network security
* Advanced software engineering/computer algorithms
* Probability and Statistics
* RF and Microwave systems engineering
* Need an understanding of overall Wireless systems
* Understanding of IP networking, QoS, routing protocols
* Understanding of Linux operating systems and basic scripting capabilities
* Must be able to write, read, analyze, and interpret technical journals and procedures utilizing mathematics language, non-linear communications, vectors, complex numbers and logarithms as reference.
* Reasonable understanding of SW development methodologies
* Good to have: understanding of 3GPP systems - Core and RAN networks
* Good to have: understanding 4G/5G LTE Call Processing
* (COMPANY NAME) Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law