Descrizione del lavoro:
Requisition ID: 2xxxx7
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
(COMPANY NAME) started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
(COMPANY NAME) values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Tasks
The organization: Global Sales Operations (GSO) focuses on the successful creation, deployment, and execution of sales supporting processes, tools, and services, across all Global Customer Organization (GCO) business areas, which essentially refers to the different (COMPANY NAME) sales teams (incl. License, Renewal, Services, and Education Sales). We collaborate and align closely with related lines of business (incl. IT, Data Management, Enterprise Analytics and Finance).
The teams: The focus for this associate role relates directly to the mission of the Sales Technology & Support team (within GSO), which develops and supports high quality sales systems and applications to accelerate sales performance and increase transparency. Today, the team is harmonizing 30+ sales applications and dashboards, while driving adoption of standards. The support unit of this team is therefore a critical factor of success towards greater productivity and future technology simplification.
The support teams consist of two core functions: Frontline Business Support as the core entry point for basic inquiries, trouble shooting and triage, and Expert Business Support for complex technical and business queries that require hands-on support or regional specifications. 90% of inquiries handled by our teams are related to deal-critical support and are both transactional and business-oriented in nature.
The role: As a Sales Support Associate, you will learn how to execute transactional activities related to field inquiries around our internal sales technology. Furthermore, you will leverage and contribute to the maintenance of relevant documentation (end-user or support facing). You will build your process, technology and business knowledge to embrace and promote the topics you support. You are expected to deliver with quality and respond professionally to all types of end-user requests, balancing the right amount of time to resolve their questions in the best way. In this supporting function, you will work out of an automated ticketing system, but will be required to understand your network and build relevant relationships with team members and colleagues across supporting functions in (COMPANY NAME).
General tasks include:
* Handle end-user inquiries: Engage with end-users/requestors in a professional, friendly, and helpful manner to assess their problem. Qualify the urgency, nature and root cause of their error to take one of the following actions
* Troubleshoot the issue: build your knowledge and/or research relevant documentation to resolve frontline (level 1-type) inquiries which are defined as: authorization requests, security issues, app installation or configuration challenges, system pre-requisite checks, general navigation queries, information access, basic system administration, general process and tool logic
* Learn how to promote new solutions: understand the business context in order to proactively promote the next step in the process, the best technology, or the right action to proceed with - therefore driving adoption of technology while providing support to the business that can benefit all the way to our end-customer
* Qualify & dispatch the ticket: understand internal and automated workflows to correctly assign or triage tickets that need further expert involvement. Clearly formulate and summarize any steps taken or input collected in order to accelerate Expert support engagement and facilitate the end-user engagement
* Follow-up on any dispatched tickets that remain sitting in the queue for too long. Maintain back-end entries, reopen and/or close the ticket in the system for accurate reporting.
* Coordinate multi-channel support: Tickets/inquiries are generally submitted directly via the automated SSF ticketing system. Leverage this system to prioritize, assess, submit, complete, dispatch, or close inquiries. Related end-user channels may also include chat or phone, in which case you need to create the ticket on behalf of the end-user. At times, chat and phone support will be limited for associate/internship roles given required seniority to handle complex stakeholders.
* Stakeholder/End-user Communication: Respond to internal (or external) stakeholders and manage expectations in a professional and supportive manner. Communicate efficiently in a virtual - often workflow or email-oriented set-up towards joint success. Share positive experiences and build on learnings.
* Supporting/ad hoc tasks: Contribute to team projects that enable the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the frontline support team. Projects and tasks may include but are not limited to:
* Preparing and enhancing support or end-user documentation
* Testing or detecting infrastructure and automation or team internal process enhancements
* Engage in system use/automation: Enable end-users to leverage systems or applications, be self-sufficient, and access the right support channels. Execute on their behalf where relevant, support migrations, and anticipate escalations, by informing management. Collect reoccurring issues, report on frequent errors, and recommend solutions as needed.
Success: for this role is defined by (refer to team goals)
* Customer Success - end-user satisfaction with resolution times and quality
* Sales Productivity - growing efficiency and capacity to manage greater volumes of inquiries within defined SLAs
* Team Engagement - team spirit and joint success, a one-team mentality
* Simplification - sharing ideas and/or contributing to projects
Competencies, Skills, and Requirements
Beneficial competencies & skills:
* Customer-service attitude/empathy: polite, helpful, quality-oriented and inquisitive
* Comfortable working on repetitive (technical) tasks, with workflows or ticketing systems - but flexible to understand the ever-changing dynamics of the types of inquiries received
* Analytical skills: asks the right questions to identify the best solution path
* Multi-tasking/prioritization skills
* Excellent (ideally native) English communication skills (written & spoken)
* Works well in virtual environments; knows how to build their network
* Quick learner who can adapt to fast-paced work environments
* Team player who enjoys collaborating
* Fluent in written + spoken English; Spanish is a benefit
Education & Job Experience:
* Education: Working toward Bachelor degree or equivalent working experience
* 1 year or multi-internship experiences will be beneficial given the fast-pace nature of the role
Why join be a Technology Support Associate?
This role is ideal for candidates interested in exploring some technical skills while at the same time experiencing the business pressures of a fast-pace, high-demanding sales organization. The combination of technical and business know-how can be a benefit in various future career paths - within or outside (COMPANY NAME). Candidates will also grow their customer engagement, virtual team collaboration, and communication skills.
This role can also be a good fit for candidates who work well on transactional tasks, enjoy multi-tasking and customer/end-user engagement and feel comfortable in a supporting role and service.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At (COMPANY NAME), we help you make it your own.
A career at (COMPANY NAME) can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
(COMPANY NAME)'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, (COMPANY NAME) invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with (COMPANY NAME) and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Cxxxxxx.email@example.com or Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org, APJ: Cxxxxxx.email@example.com, EMEA: Cxxxxxx@xxx.xxm). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Sales Support, Intern, ERP, Outside Sales, Sales, Entry Level, Technology