Descrizione del lavoro:
The internship position is located in the Office of the Chief, Languages Service, Division of Conference Management, (COMPANY NAME) Office at Geneva.
This internship is proposed for a period of two months, from 18 March to 17 May 2020.
The internship is unpaid and full-time. Interns work five days per week under the supervision of the Chief of the Languages Service or the internship supervisor, as appropriate.
Candidates are encouraged to highlight their specific skills and experience in their application. They are asked to do so carefully in order to enhance the value of the internship for both themselves and the receiving Section.
Under the supervision of the Chief, Languages Service or the internship supervisor, the Intern will assist with the following duties:
In the framework of the speech-to-text project:
- Identifies, maps, collects and extracts data sets, primarily those produced by the Languages Service and stored in gDoc;
- Cleans the data of noise to re-train the existing speech-to-text solution;
- Performs other related duties as required.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; - Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjust priorities as required; - Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing the work; - Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; - Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; - Uses time efficiently.
- Keeps abreast of available technology; - Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office; - Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; - Shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; - listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; - Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; - Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; - Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
To qualify for an internship with the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation from an academic programme.
Applicants who are unable to commence the internship within one year of graduation shall not be accepted.
Applicants pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages must have completed at least four years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution.
- Be computer-literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the (COMPANY NAME) and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Applicants to the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme are not required to have professional work experience. However, a field of study that is closely related to the type of internship you are applying for is required.
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in spoken and written French is required for this internship. Fluency in English is desirable. Knowledge of another official language of the (COMPANY NAME) is an asset. (The official languages of the (COMPANY NAME) are: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish).
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Completed online application (cover note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. The cover note must: (a) include the name of your degree programme (What are you currently studying?) and your graduation date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?); (b) list the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in; and (c) explain your interest in the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme and why you are the best candidate for this specific internship. In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experience, IT skills and three references. Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted. A person who is the child or sibling of a staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at the (COMPANY NAME). An applicant who bears to a staff member any other family relationship may be engaged as an intern, provided that he or she shall not be assigned to the same work unit of the staff member nor placed under the direct or indirect supervision of the staff member. For purposes of this instruction, "child" means (i) the child of a staff member; (ii) the child of the spouse of a staff member (stepchild); and (iii) the spouse of a child of a staff member or a staff member's spouse (son- or daughter-in-law). "Sibling" includes the child of both or either parent of a staff member and the child.
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS