Descrizione del lavoro:
Org. Setting and Reporting
The internship position is with the UN Library at Geneva in support of the production, editing and communication of its podcast, The Next Page. The main aim of the podcast is to advance the conversation on multilateralism, with episodes featuring conversations and discussions with various practitioners and experts on a range of global issues. It is available online: http://lxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxx.xx/xxxxxxt, and via Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
The internship will last a maximum of 6 months starting in February 2020 or June 2020. The Library is currently hiring interns for both of these starting dates.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five (5) days per week under the supervision of a staff member in the Section with the possibility of flexible working arrangements.
The internship offers an opportunity to participate in various aspects of the production of podcast episodes.
The internship tasks include:
- Editing raw audio content and producing final podcast episodes using Adobe Audition (software).
- Creating graphic designs and other communication material to communicate the podcast.
- Contributing ideas and working to improve the layout and design of promotional materials.
- Marketing and promotion of the podcast through outreach at Library events and throughout UN Geneva.
- Assisting in research activities, such as background research for episodes and editorial writing.
- Assisting the team with technical aspects of recording episodes and taking photos.
- In addition, the intern may be asked to assist in the creation of other communication material for the UN Library Geneva, if necessary.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others.
- Places team agenda before personal agenda.
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated tasks.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Audition and audio editing processes.
- Strong knowledge of design software such as Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Strong interest in communications, including multimedia and digital communications, as well as editorial and written communications.
To qualify for an internship with the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation;
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the (COMPANY NAME) and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Fluency in French or English and knowledge of the other is required.
Completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The cover note must include:
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing.
- Graduation date (when will you be/have graduating/graduated from the programme?).
- IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- Top three areas of interest.
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
- Explain your interest in the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme.
In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
A person who is the child or sibling of a staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at the (COMPANY NAME). An applicant who bears to a staff member any other family relationship may be engaged as an intern, provided that he or she shall not be assigned to the same work unit of the staff member nor placed under the direct or indirect supervision of the staff member. For purposes of this instruction, "child" means (i) the child of a staff member; (ii) the child of the spouse of a staff member (stepchild); and (iii) the spouse of a child of a staff member or a staff member's spouse (son- or daughter-in-law). "Sibling" includes the child of both or either parent of a staff member and the child