Descrizione del lavoro:
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Turkey?
What we offer?
A traineeship of 6 months within the Civil Society, Fundamental Rights, Judiciary and Home Affairs (COOP1) Section of the EU Delegation to Turkey, starting in April 2020.
The Operations Section (COOP I) is responsible for the management of EU's financial resources and expertise in close partnership with all relevant stakeholders in order to support EU priorities and Turkey's approximation to the EU acquis in the Civil Society, Fundamental Rights, Judiciary and Home Affairs sectors.
Functions and Duties:
* Programming, implementation and supervision of financial cooperation in the above-mentioned sectors, including programming, monitoring and evaluation, quality control, reporting and coordination with EU Member States and donors;
* Exercise all operational functions related to the ex-ante and ex-post controls for projects managed by the Turkish authorities in the above sectors;
* Direct operational management responsibility for projects under direct management (EIDHR and IPA);
* Monitor developments and contribute to reporting and policy development with regards to the Political Criteria and the following chapters: Chapter 10: Media part, Chapter 23: Judiciary and fundamental rights, Chapter 24: Justice, freedom and security, Chapter 26: Culture part;
* Support the EU policy dialogue with Turkey in related areas, and notably on political criteria, justice reform, migration and border management;
* Assist in the representation, communication and visibility activities of the EU in Turkey.
* Under the guidance and supervision of the Trainee Adviser, provide support to the Civil Society and Fundamental Rights Team in tasks relating to the design and implementation of IPA national programmes, IPA Civil Society Facility (CSF), and the European Instrument of Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR). The main tasks will include, among other:
* Drawing up of project lists and tables;
* Drafting project synopsis and information materials;
* Preparing and maintaining files related to projects and contracts;
* Supporting administrative processes and contributing to the archiving activities related to the projects and contracts;
* Drafting standard documents related to contract and project management;
* Assisting relevant task managers in project monitoring activities, including keeping contact with beneficiaries and stakeholders in the country.
* Assist in the preparation of minutes, notes and reports of internal and external meetings
* Carry out small researches on specific issues in the field of Civil Society and Fundamental Rights, with a view to prepare short background notes, briefings and analysis papers
* Provide assistance to the team in the different tasks related to visibility activities and awareness-raising events of Instrument for Pre-Accession (IPA), Civil Society Facility (CSF) and European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) programmes such as seminars, workshops, conferences, consultations, website updates, etc. Some tasks will involve among other:
* Identify and maintain contacts with invitees/participants;
* Support the organization and logistical preparations;
* Preparing speeches and visibility materials (leaflets, brochures, etc.)
* Assist the section and the Delegation, when necessary, in the tasks related to the implementation of the requirements of EU Gender Action Plan II for the period 2xxx-xxx0 (GAP II)
Qualifications or special requirements:
* Knowledge of Turkish would be an asset
* Previous experience on civil society and/or Human Rights issues
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
* A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
* a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
* and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - COOP1 Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 - Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
|Pubblicato il:||05 Mar 2021|
|Tipo di impiego:||Stage|
|Settore:||Governo / Non-profit|