In this document we will detail how our organization manages the personal data we collect when our users use our service.
1. Responsibility – Our activities and types of users
2. Transparency – The data we collect
3. Data processing purposes
5. Rights of the user
6. About our cookies
iAgora Europa, S.L.U. (hereinafter 'iAgora') is a Spanish company, with registered office at C/ Ferran Puig 81, 1º 2ª (Barcelona), and with EU VAT identification number B-61869814. iAgora manages the website located at the following URL www.iagora.com, and is responsible for the gathering and processing of personal data of users. Tel 93 284 83 62, email: email@example.com.
iAgora’s service helps students and graduates find internships or first jobs in their country or abroad through an international and personalized platform. iAgora has also gathered a large database of information and opinions on training centers and language schools to help users decide where to study. iAgora offers its employment service on the website www.iagora.com and also through the training centers that subscribe to iAgora Careers (a branded international job board for universities and training centers).
iAgora deals with three types of users:
- Students / graduates / jobseekers (hereinafter 'Users')
- Employees of training centers (hereinafter 'Centers')
- Employees of companies or recruiters that publish job offers (hereinafter 'Recruiters')
When users apply to job offers they can share their data and their CV with the Recruiters. Alternatively, they are directed to the careers websites of the Recruiters to complete their application. Therefore, companies are responsible for the treatment of the data they receive during the selection process.
User data: When users decide to register in iAgora, or in the international careers platforms managed by iAgora, the necessary data will be requested to allow them to find the best job offers and apply to them. In the case of the users of the international careers platforms, some of their basic information might be provided by their training center.
This data is intended to allow iAgora to provide a personalized service through personalized recommendations and mailings. This helps users find the best job opportunities faster.
Users will have the option to modify their profile at any time; to include optional data such as their work experience; and to delete their accounts at any time.
Centers data: For the services that iAgora offers to universities, language schools and other training centers, iAgora collects and processes the personal data of the people who will manage the job board in order to be able to identify them and communicate with them.
That data allows iAgora to create customized international job boards for each center. In this way the centers can offer an exclusive and personalized service to their students.
Recruiter Data: For the human resources services that iAgora offers companies and organizations, iAgora collects and processes the personal data of the people who will manage job offers in order to identify them and communicate with them.
This data allows us to validate the identity of the Companies for the security purposes. They also enable us to create recruitment campaigns and send interested and relevant candidates to companies.
The data will be kept for the duration of the contractual and commercial relationship with us or until the user, center or company requests its deletion, including the time needed to comply with the legal obligations.
For technical reasons, some personal data may continue to exist for an indefinite period of time on the iAgora servers after they have been deleted from the system (eg backup copies). iAgora makes sure that these data are not processed in any way.
The personal data of users who have been invited to an International Careers platform by their training center but who did not complete their registration will be automatically erased after a few months.
Personal data is treated for the following purposes:
1. To provide the best customer experience possible. This includes showing users a personalized selection of job offers, allowing them to create and edit their profile and preferences, save offers as favorites, apply to offers etc... For companies and centers, this includes managing the job offers and job boards and their users.
2. Send personalized alerts with job offers that match users profiles and preferences. In the account setting users can choose whether they want to receive mailings, and how often.
3. Enable companies to view the resumé and profile of the candidates. The explicit consent of users will be requested before showing their resumé or profile to any company, unless they have registered directly to one of his offers.
4. Send messages from iAgora to inform about news in the service, improvements, advice, status of the user's account, or other content of iAgora or third parties. In their profile users can choose if they accept to receive commercial messages.
5. Display personalized advertising, managed by Google AdSense or the like. In the cookie preferences users can choose if they accept personalized advertising.
6. Improve our service by analyzing the behavior of users, using techniques such as "a/b tests", "heatmaps" and the like.
7. Prevent abuse and fraud of any kind in the use of our service.
8. iAgora may have to transfer personal data to public bodies or authorities if required in accordance with the legal provisions in force.
The legal basis for the treatment of user data lies in:
Purpose 1: The execution of a contract in relation to the said purpose.
Purposes 2 to 6: Consent of the user in relation to said purposes.
Purpose 7: Legitimate needs of iAgora.
Purpose 8: Compliance with legal obligations.
The regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation allow its users to exercise their rights of access, rectification, opposition, deletion, treatment limitation and portability before the data controller.
The user may exercise some of their rights directly in iAgora.com by connecting to their personal account to access their data, rectify or delete them. On the other hand if you have other claims you can write us directly and we have 1 month to answer if it is a simple matter
You can write to us at the following address: Calle Ferran Puig 81, 1º 2ª - Barcelona 08023 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are files or devices that are downloaded to a user browser as they browser through websites. They allow users to enjoy a smooth and personalized browsing experience. They are often necessary for users to access the full functionality of a web service. Finally, they allow for tracking user browsing activity on the service.
In this document, the generic term ‘cookies’ will be used for cookies, web beacons, tracking pixels, tags, local storage and similar technologies.
Technical cookies. They are required for the website to work as they allow us to identify the user across pageviews and give acess to private or personalized sections of the service.
Analytic cookies. They are used to analyse browsing patterns by users and to measure the number of visits, pageviews etc… This data is analyzed in order to improve the service.
Advertising cookies. They are used to manage the adverts which are served to each user.
Google Analytics. Our website uses Google Analytics to analyze global usage patterns. It is a tool provided by Google, Inc. (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, California, CA 94043), which generates global and anonymous reports on the activity of users who use our service. It allows us, for example, to know how many users arrive, how many page views they generate and which pages they visit for how long.
For more information about Google Analytics please visit:
Google AdSense. iAgora uses Google AdSense to show advertising. AdSense is a service provided by Google Inc. (1600 Amphiteatre Parkway, Mountain View, California, CA 94043), which shows personalized advertising to users based on their interests and browsing profiles.
For more information about Google AdSense, visit:
Users can always review their cookie choices or revoke any previously given content by visiting the 'Cookies' page, accessible by clicking on their personal Profile, or by clicking on this link.
They can also manage general browsing cookies, through the settings of their browsers
Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, Samsung, Edge),
or using services or privacy tools such as Ghostery, Disconnect, Privacy Badger or similar.