Type of contract Traineeship
Who can apply? EU nationals eligible for our traineeship programme (see further information section)
Grant The trainee grant is EUR1,070 per month plus an accommodation allowance (see further information section), The trainee grant is EUR1,970 per month plus an accommodation allowance (see further information section)
Working time Full time
Place of work Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Closing date 3x.xx.xxx2
You will be part of the Directorate General Research (DG/R), which carries out and coordinates economic research on monetary policy, financial stability, and the ECB's banking supervision and regulatory activities. We are currently working on analysis exploring the effectiveness and side effects of unconventional monetary policy measures, including their impact on the banking/financial sector and different groups of households and firms.
In your role as a Student Research Assistant Trainee, you will support the ECB's new Research Task Force on Heterogeneity in Macroeconomics. That task force has been launched with a view to furthering our understanding of (i) the importance of heterogeneity across households, firms and banks in shaping the aggregate transmission of policy measures and (ii) the unequal effects that policy measures have on different groups of economic agents. In addition to your colleagues in DG/R, you will also work closely with economists in the Directorate General Economics and the Directorate General Monetary Policy.
The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
As a Student Research Assistant Trainee, you will:
* develop mathematical, statistical and econometric procedures for research projects;
* support and maintain software tools and hardware installations;
* present data and results in conjunction with basic economic and statistical analysis.
This position will offer excellent opportunities to work closely with our research economists. You will support them in academic research projects and work of an operational nature, such as the preparation of policy-related notes for the ECB's Executive Board. The position will also expose you to new ideas and stimuli that will provide a useful foundation for your future career and/or postgraduate studies. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
* for a traineeship paid at EUR1,940 a master's degree and at least two years of PhD studies in economics, statistics, finance, computer science, mathematics or a related field;
* for a traineeship paid at EUR1,070 a bachelor's degree or higher in economics, statistics, finance, computer science, mathematics or a related field;
* an excellent command of MATLAB, Python or R;
* familiarity with one or more of the following research techniques: solving heterogeneous agent models, solving non-linear models with occasionally binding constraints or inaction regions, Bayesian estimation of DSGE models, sequential Monte Carlo methods, panel data analysis for microdata or machine learning algorithms;
* a good knowledge of the MS Office package;
* an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
* familiarity with one or more of the following databases/data providers: Bureau van Dijk, SNL Financial or the ECB Household Finance and Consumption Survey.
You are curious and eager to learn, and want to further develop your ability to analyse complex information. You are keen to collaborate with others, pursue team goals and learn from other people's diverse perspectives. You strive to know and anticipate stakeholder needs, and will signal any need for change and propose alternative solutions.
You are motivated to contribute to the ECB's mission, to serve the citizens of the EU as a member of a public institution and to work with colleagues from all over Europe. You are keen to be part of our team and to use your skills and competencies to achieve the objectives of this position.
Traineeship/PhD traineeship of between 6 and 12 months in total.
Application and selection process
Further information on how to join us is available on our website.
The recruitment process for this position will include an online interview.
If you are not selected for this position but are still considered suitable, you will be placed on a reserve list for 12 months from the closing date for applications, from which you might be considered for similar positions within the ECB
|Posted on:||11 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|