Want to be a Hero? - Join one of the leading global online food ordering and delivery platforms!
(COMPANY NAME) is one of the world's largest online food ordering and delivery companies. We are delivering over one billion orders a year around the globe in over 50 countries.
We are looking for a Research & Development Intern to join our Routing Optimization team. As an intern, you will learn from and engage with scientists and algorithm engineers of (COMPANY NAME) in developing cutting edge algorithms for creating a fast, reliable, and transparent delivery experience. If you are a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
* Implement and experiment your own routing algorithm on the real-world data to make an impact to the world
* Be part of a highly skilled, motivated and fun team
* Learn latest tools / techniques used in the industry to solve routing problems
* Share your work and knowledge at many levels (team, company, stakeholders).
* Learn how to build enterprise grade, reliable, and trustworthy software/services.
* Bring in your own ideas!
Your heroic skills:
* Background in computer science, applied mathematics, operations research, or related fields
* Passion for designing, developing, and configuring algorithms for hard optimization problems.
* Familiar with JVM languages (Java, Scale, Kotlin) is an advantage.
* Understanding distributed and parallel computing is an advantage.
* You think out of the box, get up to speed with new systems and concepts quickly.
* You are curious, eager to learn and you take ownership of your tasks.
* You are communicative and a team player, embracing sharing and collaboration mindset.
Why (COMPANY NAME)?
* Exchange ideas and meet colleagues from different teams in our active guilds and through our global tech & product community.
* We offer visa & relocation support globally to our permanent employees.
* Enjoy our free online yoga classes and a subsidized Urban Sports Club or Gympass membership.
* Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with our free Headspace subscription and unlimited access to our confidential Employee Assistance Program.
* Participate in our health campaigns such as seasonal flu vaccines.
* Benefit from subsidised products e.g. BVG ticket, meal vouchers, fruit or vegetable box or our bike rental program
* We support child care needs where we partner with an external service to support tasks such as Kita search and application, Au Pair or childminder search
* Join the global market leader and a publicly listed company with a competitive remuneration package.
* Develop your skills with your personal educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
* Access our e-learning platform MyAcademy and participate in our various inhouse trainings, including German learning options.
* Save responsibly with our attractive corporate pension options.
* Join company parties, team, cultural and sports events - due to the current situation on a virtual basis.
* And much more…
Have we caught your attention? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values and People Leadership Principles, please send us your CV.
We're looking forward to your application!
Learn more about our diverse stack and what our teams are working on by visiting our Tech & Product blog and our Tech Talk Youtube channel.
(COMPANY NAME) is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become one of the leading global online food ordering and delivery platforms and are now innovating and creating new services such as groceries, pharmacies, and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and we are looking for the most talented people to join us on our mission to 'always deliver an amazing experience.
At (COMPANY NAME), we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you
|Posted on:||23 Sep 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Internet / New Media|