Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry - a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies.
Within the CIO area we are looking for a Junior ALM Analyst - Internship. The Life and ALM Modelling unit is part of the Asset & Liability Management and SAA team, within the Group Chief Investment Officer function. The Chief Investment Officer function is accountable for the investment strategy and performance across all asset classes of approximately EUR 400bl of general account assets belonging to Generali Group insurance companies located in 60 different countries. The unit will consist of 5 resources including the head, plus resources based in Local Countries reporting to the different Local Chief Investment Officers, reporting in solid to the Group Chief Investment Officer.
The candidate will be a member of the Group ALM/SAA team, with the following duties:
* Support in the coordination of SAA process for European Life portfolios
* Perform analytical valuations and make proposals on investment strategies for European life insurance portfolios using ALM models
* Support the preparation and presentation of SAA proposals to Senior Management
* Support and contribute to the development and enhancement of models and tools to support ALM and SAA decisions
* Improve and automatize processes of data collection and quality check
Our ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
* Master degree in finance, actuarial science, statistics or similar quantitative field
* Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
* Creativity and excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
* Able to formulate and solve problems independently
* Strong team-working and communication skills
* Highly motivated and passionate about investments
* Fluent in English both written and spoken
Nice to have
* Good spoken and written German or French.
* Basic programming skills (Matlab, Visual Basic, Python, C/C++)
* Basic knowledge of Bloomberg
* Contract Type: Internship <div class="jBlockRegion block_region
|Posted on:||15 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Languages:||English, German, French|