SummaryInnovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition & modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
We are in search of a creative, organised, and proactive Graduate Trainee to join the Womenswear Knitwear Design team based in our central London offices.
The Graduate Trainee will have the opportunity to develop their existing knowledge within a Design department and provide support across a variety of activities. Responsible for ensuring completion of set activities to the highest standard and ensuring alignment with the Designer's briefs.
How you will contribute?
* Collection research - vintage, editorial, books, galleries, museums
* Maintaining Seasonal sketch and yarn files
* Making Swatches/ mock-ups/ trials
* Amendment of sketches
* Draping on the stand, making toiles
* Photoshop renderings
* Illustrator artworks for jacquards, intarsias, lace placements, ribs etc
* Embroidery placements
* Photographing and organising prototypes and samples
* Maintaining and updating archives
* Coordinating & preparing samples to be sent out.
* Assist in the preparation of presentation boards.
* Ensuring the knitwear department is organised
* Ad-hoc tasks.
Who you are?
* Previous experience within a knitwear design team.
* Knowledge of yarn mills.
* An excellent understanding of the principals of knitwear.
* You will have a basic knowledge of industry knitwear technical innovations
* Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as Microsoft Office is useful.
* Strong drawing skills
* An understanding of the Alexander McQueen design aesthetic
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Ability to work independently in a creative capacity when required
* High level attention to detail,
* Strong interest in Fashion and culture, current and historical
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering & we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms - gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation - enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
Job TypeStudent (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|