About this opportunity
We are a small 5-unit-department with very passionate developers on the mission to build the world's best User Plane. We work in autonomous empowered teams, and we feel pride in making the world a better place, simplifying and improving the lives for billions.
For us, it is important to build systems that make self-driving cars possible and that can enable remote health care for patients in Africa. Moving into 5G, providing latencies of a few milliseconds, even remote surgeries will be possible.
We believe that the teams have the best knowledge in their respective areas and encourage creativity, self-organization and provide an environment for independent decision making.
Our office is located in the scenic and vibrant Lindholmen area in the central parts of Gothenburg just on the shore of the Göta Älv river.
Now we are looking for a driven operational product owner (OPO).
What we believe in
* We believe in trust - we trust each other to do the right things and taking decisions as close to the product and technical expertise as possible.
* We believe in creativity - trying new things and learning from our mistakes.
* We truly believe in happiness - we enjoy and feel passionate about what we do and value each other's technical competence deeply.
We are responsible for the development and maintenance of the Packet Core User Plane. It handles packet routing and forwarding in the mobile data network between internet and the radio network. All 3G, 4G and 5G mobile traffic passes through the user plane. It runs on several platforms, including carrier-grade routers, virtual machines and containers.
We are market leaders and with mobile traffic from more than 2 billion people passing through our products (40% of the mobile traffic in the World).
What you will do
Our teams are cross-functional, self-organizing and highly autonomous. The teams will design, implement and test the feature, product and system from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
As product owner you will:
* Explain "What" and "Why" to the team
* Break-down features into user stories
* Maintain and prioritize the work within the area and the team backlog
* Balance new features, maintenance and improvements
* Secure product quality and maintainability
* Build, maintain and communicate business understanding
* Accept or reject the outcome from the team
* Represent your area in department planning and highlight risks
You will bring
Our product owners are some of the leaders of our organization. Therefore, it is essential that you master servant leadership and have a high interest in people, processes and technologies as well as agile development.
We believe you:
* craft clear visions and convey those effectively to others
* say no to unrealistic expectations
* gain solid understanding of customers, the competition and future trends, in order to make good decisions
* identify bottlenecks and work to remove them
* set a pride in understanding the whole product and its environment
* have the determination to build the best product possible
* are prepared to travel when needed
* have BSc or MSc level in Computer Science or the equivalent level of knowledge
Why join (COMPANY NAME)?
At (COMPANY NAME), you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world's toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won't be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Send in your application in English. We encourage you to apply!
Becuase of the summer vacation there will be some delays in response. We will come back to you in August.
If you have any further questions, you are welcome to contact us:
Hiring manager: In this role you will report to Karolina Eriksson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Manager User Plane Development
Recruiter: Emelie Bohlin (email@example.com)
Kindly note that we do not accept applications sent via e-mail
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at (COMPANY NAME), that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our (COMPANY NAME) team.
(COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || Sweden : Västra Götaland : Göteborg
Req ID: xxxxx3
Click here to find out more about our benefits
|Posted on:||24 Jun 2022|