class="c-section c-section--bg-grey c-section--bg-pattern js-section">
(COMPANY NAME) is one of the fastest growing companies in Europe.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we're building a new one.
We're on a mission: to make money without borders the new norm. We've got 11 million customers across the globe and we're growing. Fast.
We're creating a scalable, high performing platform for our customers. And we need Data Science Interns to join us in our mission. This is a paid internship that will run throughout the summer.
At (COMPANY NAME) you'll work on challenging technical problems across the full product life-cycle and you'll help us gain the understanding necessary to give our customers a great experience.
How you'll contribute to our team of data scientists:
* You'll work on a real data science project that matters to us, using up-to-date machine learning techniques. We can't say what project yet, but your internship will be centred around this.
* You will help analysing data that will help us prioritise the most customer significant changes in the product
* Participate in building the most advanced machine learning based solutions to help us scale
* Help take (COMPANY NAME) to the next level as we scale to impact 100's of millions more customers
This role will give you the opportunity to:
* Learn and develop professionally. You'll work closely with your (COMPANY NAME) team. You'll learn by doing. And you'll be guided and supported along the way
* Understand the (COMPANY NAME) way through lots of opportunities to learn about our business and how it works
* Broaden your network. There are a LOT of experienced people here at (COMPANY NAME) who are keen to share their experience and knowledge with you. They'll want to learn from you and get your perspective on things too
* Choose your path to impact. We believe people do great things when they can act autonomously. So, instead of being told what to do, you'll work with your team to create a vision of your own. You can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across (COMPANY NAME), but you'll have the freedom to make your own calls
* Be flexible in how and where you work. We understand everyone needs a little something different - so we'll do our best to make it happen
* Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
What does it take? These things are a must:
* You are a student studying a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree. This might be in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or any other STEM subject
* You are able to start a full time graduate job in September 2023
* Knowledge of computer science and machine learning fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, data analysis, linear algebra and statistics
* Understanding principles of machine learning
* You should have a good command of Python 3 and be familiar with major data analysis and ML frameworks
* A self-started side project(s) that you are proud to talk about
* Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to a non-technical audience
* Curious, keen to learn and proactive by nature
* You are open to and value feedback in order to improve
* Eligible to work in Tallinn or London (You can work from anywhere in the country you're hired!)
And these would be great, but aren't essential:
* Experience in applying causal inference and/or uplift modeling techniques, for example with DoWhy and EconML
* Experience in designing and training deep neural networks
* Experience in applying machine learning methods to real-world problems
* Familiarity with TensorFlow 2 and/or PyTorch
* Familiarity with AutoML frameworks, especially FLAML
* Familiarity with Bayesian methods in machine learning
* Experience in web development, from a previous internship
…Don't worry we don't expect you to know everything!
What you get back:
* xxxx1; Monthly salary of EUR2,080 plus other benefits
* xxxx0; Experience working in one of the fastest growing European FinTechs
* xxxx9;♀xxx9; Lots of team activities
* xxxx0; Solve real customer problems with data
* xxxx8;Fun offices with social activities - have a sneak peak of life in our Singaporean office!
We're people without borders - without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we'd especially love to hear from you if you're from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application
|Posted on:||15 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|