Associate, Transaction Advisory Group
Alvarez & Marsal Benelux,
Alvarez & Marsal ("A&M") is a global consulting firm with more than \$ 2+ billion in revenues, c.7,500+ staff and over 70 offices worldwide. We offer a broad range of professional services including Restructuring, Transaction Advisory, Performance Improvement, Corporate Transformation, Financial Institutions Advisory, Tax, Valuations, and Disputes and Investigation Services.
A&M TAG has attracted top performers at Partner and every experienced level from our competitor firms across Europe. Our Benelux practice is an established part of A&M and our MD leadership team is a collection of highly experienced professionals across Financial and Operational Due Diligence, Restructuring, Performance Improvement, Corporate Transformation and Valuation services. They are supported by an exceptional team drawn from industry and professional services.
Our established Transaction Advisory practice is an award-winning team in the Netherlands and they work for premium clients on high profile deals, large and mid-cap private equity, fast growth premium small cap deals, multinational corporates and LBO's. A&M TAG is independent and unrestricted by any conflict with audit mandates and the resulting issues caused. We are also able to operate cross-border seamlessly.
Our TAG professionals provide Private Equity, Corporate & Financial Services clients with buy side and sell side financial accounting due diligence. TAG professionals actively engage in assessing a target's quality of earning, analysing cash flows, reviewing working capital, identifying key business drivers, reviewing forecasts, and conducting comprehensive discussions with management and their advisors.
Our team is expanding and we are looking for an Associate to join our Amsterdam office and train in Financial Due Diligence. We welcome applications from individuals currently pursuing careers in Big 4 firms in Audit or advisory, Mergers & Acquisitions or Private Equity and looking to make a switch to a career in Transaction Advisory Services.
Why join our TAG team?
The successful candidate will:
* Join a growing team with strong leadership, bright, energetic people with a truly entrepreneurial spirit
* Work across the entire deal life cycle in a hands-on role, including both buy-side and sell-side work
* Benefit from more diverse and exciting career opportunities
* Deliver international projects on behalf of many of the most prominent organisations across Europe
As part of a select and highly skilled team, you will have the opportunity to:
* Work with a variety of large-cap and mid-cap PE houses, corporate clients and financial institutions providing broad industry & client exposure
* Contribute to & lead projects & work streams reporting directly to the Managing Directors & Senior Directors
* Work as part of multi-disciplinary teams in the Netherlands and across Europe and build broad international deal experience
* Gain exposure to senior members of the team gaining 'on the job' experience in addition to established formal training programmes lead by our Learning & Development team
* Use the commercial aspects of your financial analysis skills, in addition to analysing the key drivers and valuation considerations that drive a transaction
* Work alongside A&M's operational and commercial professionals in combined project teams enhancing your understanding of the broader due diligence & wider deal process
* Network with our service lines and work on external marketing events to build cross- service line relationships
A&M is an environment that presents a real opportunity for ambitious individuals as all employees are encouraged to develop their client network and business development skills.
* Strong educational background and exceptional academic record, including a strong focus on Finance and/or Mathematics
* Experience (including via internships) of Big 4 firms, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity is advantageous
* Qualified (or interested in studying for) professional qualification, including and not limited to: RA, RC, ACCA, CMA or CFA
* Fluent business level Dutch and English is essential. Additional European language skills are highly valued
A&M is a growing business and TAG employees have extensive client exposure and the opportunity to be involved in business development activities. Team members join the weekly TAG meeting where WIP, project pipeline, resourcing, marketing and business development initiatives are discussed. TAG employees are very much encouraged to build relationships with their client peers, planning and participating in relationship building activities. We recognise that building relationships with clients is crucial to building a platform for promotion and career development.
Our culture is a highly dynamic and responsive one that has evolved out of excelling in complex and urgent situations. We are unrestricted by any conflict with audit mandates and the resulting issues caused that are typical in many of our competitors.
Our Transaction Advisory teamwork in multi-disciplinary teams on projects across a number of geographies, so you have the opportunity to build and leverage broad international deal experience.
Our base salaries are highly competitive and bonuses are un-capped and well known for both its fairness and generosity. Employees are rewarded for their contribution to growing both TAG and A&M
|Posted on:||19 Mar 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|