START DATE: Flexible - from next week until early June/17
RideLink is a fast-growing private peer-to-peer car rental community for finding better cars and for less money, right in your neighbourhood. It allows any local person who owns a car to safely rent their vehicles directly to other drivers, making money in the process. An intelligent and sustainable alternative with regards to car ownership. Check it out here: www.ridelink.com
Created in 2015, the initiative forged an international presence just a few months later in the UK, Spain and Germany with tens of thousands of users.
RideLink Global Operations Team manages Spain, UK and Germany markets and customers, and we are now looking for an Operations Intern to join the team. We want to be the best peer-to-peer car rental service in Europe, providing the best experience and friendly-awesome customer support. So we need the hungriest people to make that happen.
We are a venture company of Rocket Internet, the largest and most successful global incubator – having built over 100 companies in 43 countries. In total, Rocket Internet ventures have more than 10,000 employees worldwide. Recent highlights include the creation of Groupon International and eBay Germany. The founders behind Rocket were also early investors in Facebook, LinkedIn, and Zynga.
This internship is a unique opportunity to gain insights into a new venture during its expansion to new markets.
As a member of the team, you will work on the ground to excel in customer service, lead&sales planning and management, fast problem solving, internal reporting, and other operational responsibilities.
ACTIVITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Provide friendly and efficient service to a growing community of car owners and renters;
- Actively contact and give support to customers (car owners & renters) over the phone, online chat and email.
- Be a first point of contact to handle and resolve our users complaints;
- Respond professionally to inbound phone calls, including urgent situations;
- Compose thoughtful and accurate messages or customize prepared responses to customer emails;
- Arbitrate in situations between users;
- Support the design of new processes and campaigns to increase the number of rentals in the platform;
- Implement changes to ease the onboarding process of new car owners and potential renters;
- Design, improve and update operational KPIs and dashboards;
- Help us expand to other markets throughout UK, Spain & Germany;
- Monitor and control numerous concurrent tasks in tandem;
YOU’RE A PERFECT MATCH IF YOU...
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy;
- Prefer startups to the corporate world and want a busy environment where you can add real value and contribute your ideas;
- Believe everyone is entitled to the same level of respect, regardless of their position or title;
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our users and partners;
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but play hard too.
- 600 euros/month - before tax - with holidays
- Working with a small, international, close‐knit team in a young, promising company
- Working at an office in the heart of Gracia neighborhood, with weekly delivery of fresh organic fruits, coffee, tea and other goodies
>>Studying or with a degree in business, tourism, marketing or a related field;
>>Available for a regular schedule of at least 40 hours a week. Shifts may include evening or early morning hours - with flexibility;
>>English at a fluent level is required.
>>German OR Spanish as a NATIVE language. Other language skills would be useful.
>>Flexible to be involved in a range of different initiatives depending on the day-to-day needs of the business;
>>Patience, empathy, and a unique ability to manage stress;
>>Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
>>Has laser focus attention to detail;
>>Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to adverse situations;
>>Self-driven and hardworking with desirable strong Excel and analytical skills;
>>Interest in the sharing economy, internet start-ups, cars and/or travel is also a plus;
>>Enjoys the freedom of taking his own decision and is a proactive problem solver;
Has a positive attitude and likes to have fun, aka laughs a lot, while getting sh** done;
>>Previous relevant experience in the field of operations would be a plus. Reliability is key to the role.