Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS) is a global function within (COMPANY NAME) Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) which covers several research areas including Immunosafety and Investigative Safety. As part of the Investigative Safety and Immunosafety group you will work in close collaboration with scientists from different departments within PS/pRED to generate and integrate molecular, cellular, tissue and functional data with the goal of delivering unique and holistic insights into drug safety and enable informed decisions to bring the best drugs to patients.
This position will entail the development and validation of in vitro immune cell assays to assess immunomodulation and support risk and safety assessment of therapeutic molecules.
In this position you will
* Help to develop, optimize and regularly perform methods to assess the functions and characteristics of human blood derived immune cells by flow cytometry
* Setup, optimize and routinely use immunoassays to analyze immune cell cytokine release
* Perform work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures
* Analyze, interpret and document experimental data
* Keep supervisor and team informed of project status
* Present results to the Immunosafety team
Who you are
You are an ambitious student who has recently completed a Master's degree and the thesis is also done in Immunology, Biology or similar Life Sciences discipline
* You have good theoretical knowledge in immunology
* You have good knowledge of, and experience with cell culture techniques, especially with the isolation and culture of primary immune cells from human blood
* First experience with multicolor flow cytometry is required
* Knowledge about immunoassays (e.g. ELISA, ELISPOT) is highly desirable
* You are familiar with data analysis tools like FlowJo, Spotfire and Prism
* You are passionate to collaborate in a cross-functional team in a multicultural environment
* You are fluent in English
If you are currently studying please attach the certificate of enrollment. Recent graduates are also eligible to start an internship with us within 12 months of their graduation date.
Due to regulations, non-EU/EFTA citizens have to provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
(COMPANY NAME) embraces diversity and equal opportunity.
Job Level:Entry Level
|Posted on:||06 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||12 months|