45 Hours per week. Monday-Friday 8am-5:30pm
* Make collections of ambient, chilled and frozen samples and product from customer's premises and other (COMPANY NAME) offices throughout the UK to a pre-planned regional route in a timely manner by using a company vehicle with internal chilled units in accordance with company procedures and service levels.
* The driver is responsible for the safe and appropriate handling of the customer's samples to ensure they are stowed appropriately within the vehicle.
* Respond positively to route changes that the company feels reasonable for the driver to complete.
* Ensure all paperwork is completed with a high degree of accuracy, with recording of temperature and time records on a daily record sheet and reporting into the Logistics Management team
* Ensure collections are returned to site safely and securely.
* To communicate on a regular basis with control throughout the day
* The vehicle is to be parked overnight at the normal place of work and any off duty periods unless previously agreed otherwise with the management team.
* Drivers are responsible for carrying out daily and weekly vehicle checks, oil, water etc and reporting any defects in a timely manner to the logistics manager.
* Drivers are responsible for reporting accidents and breakdowns.
* Ensure the vehicle is locked and secure when unattended.
* Promote the (COMPANY NAME) image by wearing a clean, neat and tidy uniform as provided, and by ensuring your vehicle is maintained in a clean, tidy and serviceable condition.
* Provide a high level of internal and external customer care.
* To partake in any developmental training as required in compliance with the Company Standard.
* Drive Company vehicles in a safe and courteous fashion in accordance with the requirements of the Department of Transport and in compliance with the Highway Code.
* Take all reasonable action to ensure the safety and security of vehicles, equipment, goods, fellow employees and other road users.
* Responsible for promoting a professional image of the Company
* Good geographical knowledge of the UK road network
* Appreciation of vehicle maintenance and safety checks
* A customer focused approach with pleasant demeanour.
* Effective communication skills.
* A positive can do approach
* Experience of chilled multi drop collection and deliveries, working to strict timed deadlines
* Full UK Driving License
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful
|Posted on:||26 Nov 2021|
|Job duration:||10 months|