Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
You will be responsible to provide an excellent and consistent level of service to your customers. The Technician is responsible to assist in the smooth and efficient running of the Engineering Department in support of all other operating departments and to maintain all hotel equipments to the highest required standards.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Reports to the PPM Engineer regarding daily work progress.
* Carry out assignments on the Preventive Maintenance Programme for the guest rooms.
* Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public area.
* Report any severe damages to the attention of his superior.
* Repair of minor fixtures fittings like doors, door lock, latches, windows etc. in the guest room.
* Carry out general plumbing maintenance and repair works.
* Bathroom grouting and silicon filling in the guest rooms.
* Carry out minor painting and polishing touch to the walls, furniture in the guest rooms.
* Servicing the electrical DB in the room, changing fused bulbs and cleaning the lamps.
* Clean the FCU filters, and service the unit if necessary.
* Carry out all the work mentioned in preventive maintenance check list.
* Carries out all other tasks assigned to him by his supervisor.
* Assist other engineering personnel in regards to preventive maintenance when required.
* Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
* Must have the ability to do the multi-task.
* Ensure that all jobs undertaken are finished with a high quality and with the desired finish that is required
* Ensure that all materials required to perform the job are available before commencing work
* Follows all safety rules and regulations in job, departmental procedures and instructions.
* Maintain the documents for completed rooms and task, should be readily available whenever asked by his superior.
* To observe cleanliness at the place of work and on the job after completion of work.
* To ensure cleanliness of appearance and uniform, particularly when working in guest areas.
* Ability to communicate effectively in English, (verbal and written).
* Should have a diploma /Trade Certificate or apprenticeship in general maintenance works.
* Previous hotel experience is an asset
|Posted on:||24 Dec 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Tourism / Hotel management|