About the role
We are looking for someone to join our Tunnels team based at our Hatfield Depot.
Working with the team you will be responsible in assisting in the efficient operation of the M25 Tunnels by undertaking Mechanical and Electrical maintenance and other tasks as required by the Supervisor
What you'll be doing
* To be conversant with the operation of all electrical/mechanical plant, within the Dartford River Crossing and other M25 Tunnels, under normal and emergency conditions and be capable of operating systems under local or remote control
* When authorised, to carry out switching on Connect Plus Services 11kV
* Complete switching schedules prior to any HV switching works
* Responsible for safe electrical isolations carried out on site
* To be able to carry out Planned Maintenance and defect repair work on a range of electrical equipment which includes Switchgear, Transformers, Pumps, Fans, VSDs, lighting and associated control gear etc.
* To complete any records as required, including daily worksheets, and maintenance report sheets
* To read drawings and carry out fault finding and repairs without supervision
* To carry out all type of Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance work within the capacity of a Maintenance Technician with or without direct supervision
* Carry out any work of a manual, semi-skilled or skilled nature of any type of trade description (including out of trade work) under the instructions of the Tunnel (Senior) Maintenance Supervisor
* Drive vehicles as required, for maintenance purposes
* Ensure that all relevant Health & Safety requirements are met, and safe working practices are always adopted.
* Ensure that vehicles, plant, and equipment are available and maintained for safe operational use.
* Ensure that routine vehicle checks, and drivers hours books are completed in accordance with company procedures.
* Attend incidents and work safely in accordance with policies to facilitate the early clear up of hazard/incident
* Work to the Electrical Safe System of Work
There is also a mandatory requirement to participate in the Standby/Callout procedure for M25 Tunnels Holmesdale, Bell Common and Hatfield
Who we're looking for
* Knowledge and experience of generators and switchgear to 11KV
* Fault finding using schematic drawings.
* All round experience in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical Maintenance (Pump Maintenance is an advantage)
* Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation
* Ability to carry out electrical installation work to current legislation.
* Previous Road Tunnels or Building Maintenance
* Recognised Electrical or Mechanical Apprenticeship
* Relevant qualifications e.g. City & Guilds
* 18th Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations
* LV or HV Authorised Person is an advantage
* Good customer service skills
Why work for us
CPS is a joint Venture project with (COMPANY NAME), Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over 100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer
At (COMPANY NAME) we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business.
To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.(COMPANY NAME).com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion.
(COMPANY NAME) is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans, and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
click here to continue
|Website des Unternehmens
|19 Nov 2023
|Grundstoffe / Konstruktion