- Take good shoes with you, waterproof mountain shoes best. Otherwise you will break your legs. Sheffield is really hilly, and the hills sometimes are very steep.
- If you hate walking everyday, don´t go to Sheffield!!
- The closest airport is Manchester. - There is a direct train connection to Sheffield. That means that there should come a train every hour or every two hours. That does not mean that the train is really coming every hour or evry two hours!!!
- Take a trolley or a suitcase with wheels with you, otherwise you get a heart attache in Sheffield!
- Be friendly to everybody, then everybody will be friendly to you!
- Do not take only warm clothes with you. The climate is very humid, you will sweat a lot!
- Take a lot of personal photos with you. It makes the first days easier and you don´t see the ugly decoration in the student accomodation.
- Try to find a room or some other accomodation before you arrive!
- Be aware of the high prices in England! Don´t calculate with too less money!
Read more >