The Technical University of Wroclaw (Politechnika Wroclawska) was founded in 1945 when a group of Polish academic teachers, mostly from Lvov, arrived in Wroclaw. The city was still burning from the last siege of World War II. They established the University in the buildings which had housed the Technische Hochschule Breslau since 1910. The first class began on the 15th of November 1945 and ever since this day has been celebrated as the University's anniversary.
The University campus is situated 1,5 km from the City centre and occupies a large area splendidly located on a bank of the Odra river.
Read more >