As early as 1423, the high reputation of the University of Franche-Comté was
enough to attract famous teachers and students. Originally located in Dole, the University serving both the Duchy and the County of Burgundy. It was transferred to Besançon in 1691 by the King of France, Louis XIV. It
was closed down during the French Revolution in 1793, but Emperor Napoleon
re-opened it in 1809.
Read more >
Phone: +33 381665063 (Int'l Office)
Address: Université de Franche-Comté, 1, rue Claude Goudimel, 25030, Besançon, France